Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nurofen

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Fair enough, thats me told then :)
Surely the branded products contain shavings of unicorn horn or essence of fairy tears in them. How else could they justify the price.

Because people buy them I guess. Apart from looking a bit prettier and tasting a tiny bit nicer, there literally is no difference. 200mg of ibuprofen does exactly the same job as 200mg of ibuprofen + sugar +colourings etc.

EDIT: No difference other than a placebo, I should note. Which can have a huge effect. Even when you know it is a placebo and there is no difference between the two, it has been proven that the placebo still seems to work better. Weird.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
it does make some difference for analogue, as the connector is a weak spot so to say in the link, anything to improve the conductivity will help.
You're half right there. Gold is actually a very poor conductor. The reason it is desirable to have gold plated connectors is that it doesn't corrode. Copper is a much better conductor so you want as thin a layer of gold on the connectors a possible.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
To use a technical term, thats total bollox. You have been done up like a kipper.

At least I explained my point, the description of what i said about 1s and 0s is how it is explained by those who choose to explain it, i was merely relaying this explanation, not offering opinion. As for the situation regarding my own personal set up, the longest single run in my house is 12metres (2 at this length) your £5 tesco lead simply will not work at that length, that a fact, not conjecture. So why does a lead that is described as 'better quality' work, and the cheap one that you believe is no different doesn't work?

At least my bollocks have some basis in experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here