Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nuno leaving Wolves

D

Deleted member 2719

Nuno obviously quite a good manager. Wolves squad obviously unable to cope with selling Jota and injuries to Jiminez. Not his fault.

Seems a decent fella by and large

Hope he does well

Love this guy and his football, he is one of the few that could replace Potter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Wolves saw a relegation battle coming next season and made an early decision.

I can certainly see our end of the table being a lot tougher than this season, but I'm not sure it'll be that tough.

Agent bloke won't allow it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Maritimo, in fabulous Funchal. Wonderful climate, decent stadium and club, and the Dragontree Restaurant.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Wolves saw a relegation battle coming next season and made an early decision.

I've wondered the same. Goes without saying that the loss of Jimenez & Jota has hit them enormously, but they weren't exactly creating and missing chances without them. They'd become a very tedious side to watch and with no real sign of shaking that malaise off. Joao Moutinho has had a poor season, and Conor Coady has been nowhere near the level Gareth Southgate would have you believe when he picks him. Traore is just a richer Kazenga Lua Lua who has four good games per season (two of which are always against us).

I've heard suggestions that there isn't going to be much money around at Molineux over the summer to rectify that- perhaps the Chinese owners have got bored because they're not in the Champions League yet. If Mendes has been in NES's ear to tell him he's got no chance of getting any of his boys in, perhaps both sides agreed it was better to take the step now. NES walks away with his reputation largely intact, and Wolves can go and find themselves somebody on less money who's prepared to stake his own reputation on picking Wolves up again.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Biss will go and his qualities cant be replaced, but hopefully the player taking his place brings a new set of useful qualities. Could be a wonky start while trying to find the optimal way of playing without him, but the good thing is that there will be a normal pre-season this year.

Absolutely.

There’s nobody quite like Biss to step in, but the beauty of having versatile players, a fluid system and a manager who can adapt the team’s approach is that they will make it work.

Exciting times!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

D

Deleted member 2719

His football is very often the opposite of Potterball.

I can not say I have watched all of their matches but from what I have seen is they look to create and try to win matches.

Am I wrong on that then?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can not say I have watched all of their matches but from what I have seen is they look to create and try to win matches.

Am I wrong on that then?

Maybe they did two seasons ago but they've been ugly as anything this season. Hughton's final few games at the Albion would have looked thrilling by comparison.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes you are. Again.

Sorry to disappoint you but the shots stats say I am right, and I wasn't even proclaiming to be an expert on Wolves.
There is nothing in it.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2021-05-21-21-16-26.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2021-05-21-21-16-26.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 124

D

Deleted member 2719

Maybe they did two seasons ago but they've been ugly as anything this season. Hughton's final few games at the Albion would have looked thrilling by comparison.

Like I said to GB, I don't watch them all the time but they always appear to have ago under Nuno, never saw much of that from Hughton though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Like I said to GB, I don't watch them all the time but they always appear to have ago under Nuno, never saw much of that from Hughton though.

Might be that those stats relate more to when they still had Jimenez up front (not sure though!). I've certainly seen enough of their games this season to have noticed how uninspired they've seemingly become.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry to disappoint you but the shots stats say I am right, and I wasn't even proclaiming to be an expert on Wolves.
There is nothing in it.

You can shoot from anywhere. Wolves have scored less than a goal a game (35 in 37) and have the lowest goals scored in the whole league except the current bottom four,

That well known attacking guru Fat Sam sees his WBA team on exactly one goal fewer.

D

Deleted member 2719

Might be that those stats relate more to when they still had Jimenez up front (not sure though!). I've certainly seen enough of their games this season to have noticed how uninspired they've seemingly become.
They are the current season so I don't know.
But if your shooting there is always hope IMO, I prefer high possession football at this level as it means all those big money players have less time to harm you.
I was just saying if we lost Potter, which I really really do not want, I won't be satrting a Nuno out thread as he comes through the door!

D

Deleted member 2719

You can shoot from anywhere. Wolves have scored less than a goal a game (35 in 37) and have the lowest goals scored in the whole league except the current bottom four,

That well known attacking guru Fat Sam sees his WBA team on exactly one goal fewer.

So they lack the quality as we havee in front of goal, but not for the want of trying to score. We all like triers in life, don't we?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Excellent news. Third team to challenge for bottom 3 along with the 3 promos, Palace and Saints, and Burnley and Newcastle there or thereabouts. Tick all the boxes: poor current form; lost good players; managerial change; GF poor.

Really beginning to think bottom 6 is for the rest next season....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here