Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Number of STH at Falmer?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Let's be really optimistic and say we have DOUBLE what we have now (4500 x 2 = 9,000)

If we are to fill our new stadium, the Ticket office will have to process 13,000 ticket applications for every home game (less those allocated to the Away Club)

Let's hope we have:

A : An IT System that can cope.
B : A Ticket Office that has enough people in it.

The guys in the Ticket Office have quite clearly done a great job over the last week, but it's also clear that if we want to get anywhere near a full stadium, and there is no 'pay on the gate' then buying a ticket MUST become easier.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Eveyone will want a piece of history in the 1st season at Falmer. I don't think having 9,000 season ticket holders is being too optimistic.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Eveyone will want a piece of history in the 1st season at Falmer. I don't think having 9,000 season ticket holders is being too optimistic.

Agreed, I honestly think 12,000 is realistic if they make them reasonably priced. The club will, of course, have new staff, a new office, new equipment, etc, etc. Honestly don't think there will be any major problems.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
im afraid i'll be going nowhere near the place if this experience is anything to go by!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I occasionally go and see Wolves play (living in Wolverhampton and all), they operate the exact same online ticket platform the we do.

From my experience buying tickets with Wolves, I would say that in general it is fairly easy. However, Wolves still get the same demand for big games (and resultant binfests) that we get. I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that we are the only club to have pissed off fans whenever demand outstrips supply.

However, we also have to remember that this is the first season the club have used this system. Once we move into Falmer, I recon that the club will have worked through any teething problems. I think this is a sensible move by the club. Can you imagine the problems if we were implementing the online system the same time as we moved into Falmer... it would have been a nightmare!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
im afraid i'll be going nowhere near the place if this experience is anything to go by!

Seriously! :shootself

The club will have all summer to deal with the season ticket applications not a few days.

So you wouldnt support your team at its brand new stadium because you had trouble purchasing a ticket for a "glamour" tie.

You'll get a ticket for any of the other home and away games this season i can assure you, without too much hassle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going off topic slightly, have the club started marketing and selling the boxes at Falmer yet? If so how many boxes are there, how many people do they hold and how much are they expected to cost?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

The club will have all summer to deal with the season ticket applications not a few days.

So you wouldnt support your team at its brand new stadium because you had trouble purchasing a ticket for a "glamour" tie.

You'll get a ticket for any of the other home and away games this season i can assure you, without too much hassle.

It's not selling ST that will be the problem, it will be selling 13,000 tickets for every league game that might, unless things improve, be a major headache.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

Say we start doing well, top end of the Championship, as the season wears on big games will be coming once or twice a week. Given the mess theyve managed to make of selling 6400 tickets over 6 days, what chance have they got with say 15,000 in an equally short space of time? Lets be honest, its been a shambles every single time theyve had a big game to deal with.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Perhaps we need a proper internet ticketing system a bit like the airlines/railways etc, where you can even choose your seat, shouldn't be too difficult to organise. Then all you would need to do is present your credit/debit card at the ground to be issued with your ticket, a bit like you can do on the railway. People could still phone in and buy tickets from the club but having the internet option would ease pressure on the ticket office and save the bother and cost of having to post them out.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Say we start doing well, top end of the Championship, as the season wears on big games will be coming once or twice a week. Given the mess theyve managed to make of selling 6400 tickets over 6 days, what chance have they got with say 15,000 in an equally short space of time? Lets be honest, its been a shambles every single time theyve had a big game to deal with.

A valid point.

I would like to think if we are pulling these crowds every week and are in the Championship, we would employ more people to cope with demand.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think you're all barking mad. I don't believe we will double the number of sth just because we are at Falmer. I would suspect that those that haven't been for some time will merely go on a match by match basis to see if they want to get a season for the following year, or even one of the Chrimbo packages. It's not like field of dreams, just because we build doesn't mean they will by the season tickets.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
A valid point.

I would like to think if we are pulling these crowds every week and are in the Championship, we would employ more people to cope with demand.

We can but hope:smile:

Im really not fussed about getting a ticket today (the club couldnt get round to sending me my fan number inside 10days!), one will turn up before next weekend or im quite happy to sit in with the villa fans.

what does disappoint me is the way the club continually make themselves look so amateurish every time something like this comes along, and it fills me with dread imagining a home game with Palace where we need a win to secure a play off place and they have 22,500 tickets to dish out in a week! (less sth obviously).

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I rekon this ticket system can cope easily. Most of the problems this time are because people didn't know their passwords to log in or haven't been added on the system as a white member. Those are all admin issues and are easily ironed out.

Now people know how to use it on-line ticketing should be easier for future matches.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I hope they do away with season tickets and memberships. That way people will stop moaning about cup ticket allocations.

Why not just have pay on the gate?

*shudders waiting for abuse*

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I think we should all chip in for an NSC box which everyone can use on rotation

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Perhaps we need a proper internet ticketing system a bit like the airlines/railways etc, where you can even choose your seat, shouldn't be too difficult to organise.

Correct - and that is what we have got. I book my tickets online and choose the seat.

The problem this time as people have said is that a lot of people only use the online system occasionally and a lot of people were upgrading their membership - a manual process.

The ticketing system isn't a problem for normal home games.

Re STs - I'll be buying one at Falmer and one for my son. We don't enjoy Withdean and miss probably half the home games, so haven't had a ST since the Goldstone! I think a lot of people will come back in the first year at Falmer - if we do well, we'll keep them too.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Re STs - I'll be buying one at Falmer and one for my son. We don't enjoy Withdean and miss probably half the home games, so haven't had a ST since the Goldstone! I think a lot of people will come back in the first year at Falmer - if we do well, we'll keep them too.

I'm with you there. I've never held a season ticket for Withdean but would definitely want one at Falmer providing they're not ludicrously expensive

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Correct - and that is what we have got. I book my tickets online and choose the seat.

The problem this time as people have said is that a lot of people only use the online system occasionally and a lot of people were upgrading their membership - a manual process.

All of these people who have decided to upgrade memberships right in the middle of a ticket frenzy are actually part of the problem. Why did they all wait until now-it's not like the ticket allocation system has been a secret for 2 years or more?

Glory hunters:laugh:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I hope they do away with season tickets and memberships. That way people will stop moaning about cup ticket allocations.

Why not just have pay on the gate?

*shudders waiting for abuse*

Oh come on ! Stop being childish.

Why have a simple pay on the gate system when you can cause absolute mayhem with complex membership and ticketing schemes ?

Think of the poor s*ds having to take the money,not knowing if the next bloke has no cash,just a sawn off shotgun under his hoodie.

Think of those handling the notes,obvious candidates for piggie flu,as seen on government ads on the telly.

No.Cash is obsolete.

The Albion have moved with the times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here