Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nugent to sign

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yorkie said:
Preston's result today shows how well our defence did on Saturday.

Preston won't have a proven striker when Nugent goes.
Dichio and Agyemang are both proven, just not prolific.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
not a bad deal - not sure prem class tho?!

he could well have a similar effect to ashton, and is more than likely an investment for the future. he is obviously adaptable, the fact he adjusted to the championship very quickly shows that

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Scotty M said:
he could well have a similar effect to ashton, and is more than likely an investment for the future. he is obviously adaptable, the fact he adjusted to the championship very quickly shows that

Yes but ashton starting scoring almost from the off, will he?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
Yes but ashton starting scoring almost from the off, will he?

thats the gamble that they are taking

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Didn't see him saturday, but he looked very good yesterday. Scored 2 very good goals and always seemed to have a little more space and speed then the defenders.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looks good but I'm sure each of those goals vs Ipswich cost Wigan a couple of hundred K!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
This is more a reflection of Wigan's circumstances than the bloke's true worth, for me. They've got plenty of money to spend but players don't want to go there (look at what they offered for Windass, and even he turned them down, to stay in League 1). They therefore have to pay through the nose, probably to the selling club and the player, to get them to go.

Mind you, if (big if!) he scores enough goals to keep them up that'll look like a bargain.....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
Preston's result today shows how well our defence did on Saturday.

exactly what me and my mates were saying, that point on saturday was a bloody excellent result for us!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wigan are desperate to sign a striker, they'll pay whatever it takes to keep their fans quiet on the signing front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here