Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NTL B'band Upgrade

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
A bit more info - watch out for the 3Gbyte/month usage cap on the 1Mb service although I think they wont actually be monitoring this until later in the year...

ntl: have announced the introduction of a new range of upgraded Tiers of Service for new and existing Customers.

What is on offer?

£17.99 per month: ntl 1Mbps Broadband (monthly usage allowance 3GB) will offer super speed broadband for 60p a day.

£24.99 per month: ntl 2Mbps Broadband (daily usage allowance of 1GByte) will operate at a stunning speed, but at a price that’s in line with most 512kbps ADSL services.

£37.99 per month: ntl 3Mbps Broadband (daily usage allowance of 1GByte) will operate at up to 60 times faster than dial up services.

Current broadband-only offers will cease (for example 3 mths ½ price; £15.99 BB)

A new broadband-only offer will commence (1st month free - all speeds)

What are the upstream speeds?

ntl 1Mbps Broadband has an upstream speed of 100kbps

ntl 2Mbps Broadband has an upstream speed of 200kbps

ntl 3Mbps Broadband has an upstream speed of 300kbps

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
upto 2MB now :clap2: grand theft auto anyone? ???

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
If there is a bandwidth usage limit is there anywhere you can find out how much you've got left for the month?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Knightsworld said:
I had a Samsung box installed a month ago as the old Shit box finally packed up on me.

I'd prefer it if you'd keep your medical problems to yourself if thats ok.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Rangdo said:
If there is a bandwidth usage limit is there anywhere you can find out how much you've got left for the month?

Dont quote me on this but I dont think you can find out how much you have left. I remember reading a letter in "Web User" magazine from a guy who had had his broadband cancelled because of constantly going over his limit. He was moaning that there is no way to check this.

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
Rangdo said:

According to NTL's website they will be providing some monitoring tools for users later in the year and will then start enforcing the limits.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Ccider said:
According to NTL's website they will be providing some monitoring tools for users later in the year and will then start enforcing the limits.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Ccider said:
A bit more info - watch out for the 3Gbyte/month usage cap on the 1Mb service although I think they wont actually be monitoring this until later in the year...

ntl: have announced the introduction of a new range of upgraded Tiers of Service for new and existing Customers.

What is on offer?

£17.99 per month: ntl 1Mbps Broadband (monthly usage allowance 3GB) will offer super speed broadband for 60p a day.

£24.99 per month: ntl 2Mbps Broadband (daily usage allowance of 1GByte) will operate at a stunning speed, but at a price that’s in line with most 512kbps ADSL services.

£37.99 per month: ntl 3Mbps Broadband (daily usage allowance of 1GByte) will operate at up to 60 times faster than dial up services.

Current broadband-only offers will cease (for example 3 mths ½ price; £15.99 BB)

A new broadband-only offer will commence (1st month free - all speeds)

What are the upstream speeds?

ntl 1Mbps Broadband has an upstream speed of 100kbps

ntl 2Mbps Broadband has an upstream speed of 200kbps

ntl 3Mbps Broadband has an upstream speed of 300kbps

I'm assuming this means that I can download 1Gbyte of music/films/files a day. Would this actually be daily or would it be say 30Gbyte's a month?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
chez said:
Mine said 1.5 & then when I redone it it said 1.4 so I reckon it varies a bit.

I just ran it three times, getting 3, 5.6 and 5.1. Bloody fast, either way!

Just a shame there is the 30 second delay on the Word Association Game or just imagine the fun!

_40943743_win_pa300.jpg

Last edited:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Richy_Seagull said:
No you can do it online from here

Cheers for that - I was only a humble 300k user but thanks to this thread I'm now flying at 1MB for the same money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here