Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NT Fecking L

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My broadband internet has been "down " since saturday morning.

Of course, the fuggers are not there to talk about it as they do not work at weekends.

I have been on hold for the last 15 minutes at work waiting for the machine to tell me again that there are " very interested in my call and please dont THROW THE f***ing THING DOWN"

Of course as I am at work they will say I need to be on my machine, but I tried it on 3 different machines yesterday all with the same problem. I think their DNS server is down, but hey, I am only a lowly AS400 tekkie what do I know

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I know 3 people on NTL broadband in the Southwick/Fishersgate area and they all have problems, once at least every month.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Supanet broadband 1mb £22.97 Unlimited per month.
Cheap as chips and no limits.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
ntl are a complete set of cowboys. I'm long shot of them now thank god.

You wanna come over to the light side of Pipex broadband services, speedy and reliable, simple as that

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
CrabtreeBHA said:
I know 3 people on NTL broadband in the Southwick/Fishersgate area and they all have problems, once at least every month.
I'm in Southwick on ntl and very rarely have any probs. Maybe I'm just lucky.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm in central Brighton and on NTL and have never had any outage, other than a pre-advertised scheduled one for server maintenance or something.

I had NTL broadband for a week. Biggest pile of unreliable shit and lousy customer aftercare I've ever known. For all of aol's peculiarities, I've always found their service reliabable and customer service good. Despite signing up for a year with NTL, I threw it back at them under the seven day cooling off rights. The same goes for their phone service. If you have a problem between Saturday afternoon and Monday morning? Tough!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I've had NTL broadband for 2 years with no problems. £18.99 per month unlimited use. Bargain. :thumbsup:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Had it 2 years no problems. I live in Portslade and have been using it all weekend.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Having worked for NTHell in the past I know what a bunch of ***** they are.

Ditch them and go back to BT.

I've have BT Broadband now for over 1 year, and it has NEVER been offline when I've tried to log on.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Virgo's Haircut said:
Having worked for NTHell in the past I know what a bunch of ***** they are.

Ditch them and go back to BT.

I've have BT Broadband now for over 1 year, and it has NEVER been offline when I've tried to log on.

It all depends how lucky you are. I've got a mate on BT and he does nothing but slag them off.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Swings and roundabouts innit.

I've heard similar horror stories from users, and customer service workers, of both ntl and BT.

Saying that, when I worked for ntl, I had to work weekends, so I don't see why their customer service reps now get the weekend off now! Grrrr!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Shizuoka Dolphin said:

Saying that, when I worked for ntl, I had to work weekends, so I don't see why their customer service reps now get the weekend off now! Grrrr!

Generally they don't but it seems the internet ones do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here