Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSP - The most popular BHA message board on the 'net: OFFICIAL

Number of threads contributed to on Thursday, October 30th 2003.

Always-Skint: Unknown as banned from site. Estimates range between 1 and 2.

Rivals (bhafc.net): 4

Official site: 20

Brightonfans.com: 34

North Stand Chat: 41

North Stand Polls: 61

People, the revolution has begun. Join us on this most exciting of journeys.

Thank you and Good Night.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
*yawn* but before I completely doze off - I'll have a pint of what Safeway is drinking please barman.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't get excited for you fella - too excited for NSC. I have high hopes that it is finally going somewhere where it can live a peaceful and happy life, with little stress.

The board data is currently being sucked elsewhere as a test run. If NSC goes down, you know it worked and the live run is under way. And it will be back shortly after.

I want this sorted before I bugger off to Montreal on Sunday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My laptop goes everywhere with me, but I'm going to Montreal for work and I won't have the sort of time required to be setting up messageboards.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I would have thought that's just you'd need to make the flight speed by - answering inane queries about why the board isn't running particularly fast. :lol:

Bozza said:
I have high hopes that it is finally going somewhere where it can live a peaceful and happy life, with little stress.

What, you mean like when Manx Gull used to run it? ;)

JOKING!!!!!

Seriously though, it sounds good, can't wait to see it. Doesn't mean we'll all have to register etc again does it? That would be like the fourth time this year or something.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure I get the point about Gary - you might have to elaborate.

As much as it would (really) please you to have to re-register, the current (realistic) aim is that the whole board (users and posts etc.) will be moved elsewhere and no-one will have to re-register.

Okay, it was a tounge-in-cheek comment so don't get arsey! Just never seemed to have so many problems on the old board, that's all. Not moaning as such because all the other reincarnations since have been much better, but I'm sure you don't need telling how frustrating it is for the board to be going down every couple of months or so.

Like I say, I'm not having a go, so don't go getting all defensive! And no, I don't think I could do a better job. :)

I know registering only takes a couple of minutes but it's just frustrating to lose the consistancy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I agree about re-registering - pain in the arse.

Things were great under Gary's stewardship - I also agree. But he didn't monitor the bandwidth - and got hit with a £600 bill so shut it down overnight, as I would have done in the same shoes.

So it came back and since then I've kept a close eye on the dreaded B word whilst tried to get NSC to raise money to pay for itself. All been reasonably successful.

What hasn't been succesful is board software coping with NSC's demands. So we paid £100 or something for vB - widely acknowledged to be the best there is. And it's still seemingly gone wrong. So we're sticking with vB, having paid for it, and going to a host who will give us the bandwidth we seem to need.

We will reach the promised land. And then I can die in peace.

I was going to say, have you not thought of simply having someone host the board for you? Pretty sure vBulletin can. From what I can gather you don't lose anything at all in what you can do with the board, except you don't have to worry about the software.

I know it's not on the same level but NSP has always been through a board host. Mainly cos I know f*** all about scripts and stuff, but also cos it's just easier. If something goes wrong then the hosting company sorts it out. You only thing you can't control is when it's fixed.

Whatever happens, you know you have our 100% support as devoted NSCers! :thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yeah right.

North Stand Polls: 61
Including classics(?) such as...
Thursday's 'Isn't it getting dark early?' thread
Who's farted?
fat birds with big tits or skinny birds no tits
[Poll] Should I have a shave?

North Stand Chat: 41
Sussex by the Sea (again)
Lets all go and spam this message board
Just checking (he he)

Maybe it did have more new threads, but what quality?
Just blown my own theory out the window I think.:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here