Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - The French Open

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
First Lady since 1994 to win 1 match there (excluding qualifiers), what a joke and just goes to show how pathetic this country is at Tennis. I thought that it is quite a popular sport and investment levels in the LTA are far better than most countries?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Didnt think he played very well though.

He lost his concentration a few times but when you are playing against an unknown low ranked player going for his shots, he was never going to be given the opportunity to play really well.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
either way, maria sharapova is on now! lovely jubbly

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
sharapova_SI31.jpg

does this work? im not sure how you do it

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
First Lady since 1994 to win 1 match there (excluding qualifiers), what a joke and just goes to show how pathetic this country is at Tennis. I thought that it is quite a popular sport and investment levels in the LTA are far better than most countries?

The LTA do now put quite a bit of money in, but the infra-structure is not there, we do not have adequate facilites for many people to play, plus the facts that the weather isn't often good enough to play outside and it's still seen as an middle/upper class game by many. We do now have Keothavong and Baltacha who flirt with being in the top 100 occassionally, I think Keothavong got in the top 50 before injury. It looks like Watson will now make it into the top 100 this tournament which was her target for the year (she's only 19), so she seems quite promising.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
He lost his concentration a few times but when you are playing against an unknown low ranked player going for his shots, he was never going to be given the opportunity to play really well.

Thats what i said after. Next round will tell a lot more.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i cant work out whether heather watson is fit or not

laura robson on the other hand definitely is

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hans, not the best choice of picture, all a bit "A lemon entry - oh dear Watson"

Something looser in white would be more flattering, I fancy.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Come on Isner

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Come on Watson hang in there, great young prospect.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Fantastic tournament so far.

Will be interesting to see how Andy Murray gets on if he plays with his ankle injury. A few babes left in the womens draw; Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka and Maria Kirilenko all in action today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here