Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Starting smoking again (advice)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i say, get yourself a packet of Marlboro lights, find a seat outside your favorite pub with your favorite pint, sit back and enjoy. :cheers:

smoking doesnt have to be a 20-30 day habit.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Haven't smoked for 10 years, last time I smoked I'd given up for 5 years and the then gf said isn't he good I've stopped him smoking, bought 20 bensons immediately and smoked the lot in one f**king night, no jest ... felt crap the next day but had had enough nicotine to crack on like a natural! Gf lasted another month smoking lasted about two years.

PLEASE don't do it!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My Mum is 75 and smokes from Christmas Eve until New Years Eve ... work that f**ker out, amazes me every year, won't let the children see her because it's bad ... THEN WHY SMOKE AT ALL!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
i tried reading that book and after the first chapter i thought f*** this and stopped reading it , the reason, i knew if i read on i would quit and i wasnt ready , i read it again 6 months later and have been nicotine free for over 18 months an its a piece of piss

Smoked 40-60 a day for the last 15 years (so bloody easy to do this in Indonesia). Read Allen Carr's 'Easy way to stop smoking' in a single day about one month ago. Since then, no cigarettes, no withdrawal pangs, no desire to smoke, and I know I won't smoke again. Its strange but its real.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
The thing about smoking is you dont actually get much for your money. All you get is relief from thye withdrawl you are feeling from all the previous cigs you have smoked. Then you wait awhile until withdrawl starts again and ease it with another tab. Bit pointless really. If you want real value for money may I suggest crack or if you are of a gentler persuasion perhaps some heroin.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Gave up nearly 5 years ago. Still want one. Not going to have one. Don't do it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Smoking kills the germs that cause cancer.

FACT

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Smoked 40-60 a day for the last 15 years (so bloody easy to do this in Indonesia). Read Allen Carr's 'Easy way to stop smoking' in a single day about one month ago. Since then, no cigarettes, no withdrawal pangs, no desire to smoke, and I know I won't smoke again. Its strange but its real.

What is it about the Book then that makes you stop....?

just out & out scary facts or what ? and how long can a book be about stop smoking ?

Chapter 1 page 1 STOP FECKING SMOKING

END ?

I stopped 20-40 cigs a day a year and a half ago, but changed to cafe creme baby cigars and smoke about 5 a day now maybe a few more when glugging back the liquid .

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
I have the Allen Carr stop smoking book (in PDF) if you want to stop....

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this is the Allen Carr stop smoking book if you want to stop....

dont post the book, its copyright and likely to get the good ship NSC in trouble.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And don't forget, the birds f***ing LOVE a smoker. They look much cooler, see.

And if you want proof, how many times do see a proven non-smoker like, say, Graham Norton photographed with CHICKS on either arm?

Just make sure you buy the right brand - and not one of those chavvy brand of cigarellos designed to save a quid or so. If you're going to smoke, do it PROPERLY.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Another recommendation for Alan Carr. Stopped smoking years ago and don't miss it. In a nutshell, the book debunks the smokers reasoning for carrying on by exposing it for the bollocks that it is. Also stops you moping after a fag years after you have given up. Think of it as low level hypnotherapy.

And remember kids. The Marlboro man died of Lung cancer.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
marlboro-mummy.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here