Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Starting smoking again (advice)

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
I have been thinking that I might start smoking again.
....................................................................................................
Should I start on the nicotine patches or the chewing gum for a few weeks first though before I spark up

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
i did start smoking once..but had to slow down and use a lurbricant !!!! :shrug:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Either:

- Get some nicotine replacement stuff when you can't manage the ol' John (Cravings) &/or get some support from your doctor or local help-group.

- Take up a new hobby that keep your brain & fingers busy e.g. macramé.

- Buy some ciggies & crack on.

- Dampen down the smoke by stepping under a cold shower with the bathroom window open & the extractor fan turned up to 11.

:thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If you do start smoking again make sure you holiday at a smoker-friendly place!Have found two civilised airports,Paphos & Mahon,where you can have a drag after going through security-great when your flight is delayed.Anybody found any others?:smokin:

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Gave up 3 years ago, but still have cravings as strong as ever! I will definitely take it back up again one day, a great hobby in my opinion :)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When going through the entrance building to the Valley of the Kings in Egypt, in February.
I obligingly put out my fag as you do, the Guide said "what did you do that for" I said "well look there's a no smoking sign" The reply was" nobody takes any notice of those." :eek:

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
f*** the fags,we all know 1 drug leads to another,get yourself the biggest f*** off bong you can find,go see your local friendly dealer,and get the best £10 bag you can buy,and just do it,this way you wont want to start again,my advice is free btw :thumbsup:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I take it you've just come into some money then. How much a packet in the UK? Added to the ban on smoking whilst having a drink in the pub I'd actually say "Don't bother"

I smoke & find coming back to the UK almost draconian.:smokin:

Ditchboy

Apr 4, 2008
It's never too late to start smoking again. Within a few weeks your teeth and lungs will be as discoloured as when you were smoking regularly before. Good luck, just go for it.

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
I have a answer.
I smoked for over 20 years and tried to stop loads of times and failed loads of times. Forget patch's, NHS and fake cigs.

Everybody is differant but this worked for me.

Go and buy Allen Carr's book "how to stop smoking now".
Read 1 chapter a day, 5 days a week. Don't skim read, understand what you read. Smoke through the duration of the book and you'll know when to stop. I had a craving about 2 weeks after stopping and had one puff and could'nt do it. I've not gone back since or had any cravings. It was so simple.

I had my last one 2 years ago last summer and had no pangs at all. Don't even think about it. Piece of piss.

I always said I enjoyed my smoking, how wrong I was.

Good Luck

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I have a answer.
I smoked for over 20 years and tried to stop loads of times and failed loads of times. Forget patch's, NHS and fake cigs.

Read 1 chapter a day, 5 days a week. Don't skim read, understand what you read. Smoke through the duration of the book and you'll know when to stop. I had a craving about 2 weeks after stopping and had one puff and could'nt do it. I've not gone back since or had any cravings. It was so simple.

I had my last one 2 years ago last summer and had no pangs at all. Don't even think about it. Piece of piss.

Good Luck

Irony?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Don't do it! I started again after five years non-smoking and was back chuffing 30 a day in no time. The initial idea was to have the "odd one".

Took a further five years of 30 a day before I gave up again. Fingers crossed, it'll stay that way.

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
I have a answer.

Good Luck
i tried reading that book and after the first chapter i thought f*** this and stopped reading it , the reason, i knew if i read on i would quit and i wasnt ready , i read it again 6 months later and have been nicotine free for over 18 months an its a piece of piss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here