Hustler:p

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
PIZZA

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
How the f*** did I forget the liquid gold, the capo of libations that is Jack Daniels, heaven in a glass! Pizza is Italian by the way but I know where your coming from.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
REDLAND said:
Punk and Chevrolet

Can i ask why you put this........... didn't Punk originate here in the mid 70's?........ I could be wrong of course.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Makers Mark - Bourbon
Bud
Burgers
The best cinema in the world
The best music in the world
Choc Chip Ice Cream
Steven Spielberg
New York City
Freedom
Rewards for hard work
Excellent customer service

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Many bad things about USA, but by god, nice that you can get a complete rack of ribs to sling on the BBQ for the price we might pay for a burger over here....

(bit of a Homer moment)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Blues, jazz, rock, country, pop music. Classical and some folk music aside, every piece of music that we ever listen to is basically American.

OK the Brits may have refined these artforms from time to time but all of these musical genres are brought about by the US' fusion of cultures - by miles their greatest cultural contribution to the world, IMHO.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
somerset said:
Can i ask why you put this........... didn't Punk originate here in the mid 70's?........ I could be wrong of course.

Shhhhh you are, punk was started by the New York Dolls back in the early 70's

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
somerset said:
Many bad things about USA, but by god, nice that you can get a complete rack of ribs to sling on the BBQ for the price we might pay for a burger over here....

(bit of a Homer moment)

The ONLY bad thing about America is the GOVERNMENT !!!

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
REDLAND said:
Petrol prices

I was over there last week and they were moaning about there petrol prices - I then told them that ours were about FOUR times as much and they shut up

The best thing about the US is Wendys fast food also the fact that tiny little women all drive giant 4x4's:eek: :ohmy: :eek:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
London Calling said:
fUNNY ENOUGH when they sat down in their First Congree to choose the national language, English beat German by only one vote.

This is one of those urban myths that crops up from time (like the Great Wall of China being seen from space and that the World Series being named after a newspaper). There was no such vote, see here for details.
http://www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/german.htm

As for what's great about America, wasn't this asked a few months ago? The obvious answer is jazz and blues; a world without John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Howling Wolf and Muddy Waters would be a pretty poor one.

There are also countless American writers who have revitalised the English language.

And I love baseball - not all Brits fail to understand it.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Bob Dylan
Michelle Shocked
Shawn Colvin
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Alison Brown
Bruce Springsteen
Laura Nyro
Patti Smith ... et al

Although Michelle Shocked summed up the USA in 1991 when she said: "And then Ronald Reagan got elected ... and I left the country"

The mountains of the pacific northwest, the granite domes of yosemite, the grand canyon, mt st helens, too many good bands too mention, loads of good tv, some excellent cinema, the words of woody guthrie, bob dylan (as was), the constitution and a whole bunch of other great stuff.

You don't have to hate america to hate their government, it's two different things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here