Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC - what it has become, and how can it be made better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I'd also dispute that its politics aren't aligned with the average Albion supporter. We're a city with two Labour and one Green MP, I'd agree that left of centre views are probably slightly more popular on NSC but I'd say that's pretty representative of the fan-base. But it's also fairly moderated and there's no suggestion that right wing views are being silenced.

I'm not sure why we're not Premier League standard. I haven't seen a league table of football fans forums for some time, but last I looked NSC was pretty near the top.

I think it's pretty good TBH. We cover a wide range of subjects, we don't ban away supporters - in fact, encourage them and there are lively posts. It's also a great information source: if I wanted to find a butcher in Blubberhouses or the best plum brandy I could buy in Uzbekistan, there's probably someone on NSC who knows.
Apologies, I've been away.

If you wanted to find a butcher in Blubberhouses I suspect you'd have to go to Harrogate.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’ve got it!! DARK MODE! 👍🏻
As above - it’s been here since day 1 when we migrated to Xenforo.

And this reminds me that I wasn’t completely happy with it and need to revisit it to tidy it up a bit.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
It's a tough ask for Dazza and his team of fine men (and yes I know a few). It's a balance between millions of posts from: HWT, Zeb, and Hans, or "normal" albion fans keen to know what's going on. Yep @Guinness Boy calls this right, it's a very dull place these days, and no humour, no sandwiches, and basically, no fun. I was particularly taken at the group wank between 2 of the above who thought that chasing me off was "delicious". Needs to be addressed if this board survives

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
As above - it’s been here since day 1 when we migrated to Xenforo.

And this reminds me that I wasn’t completely happy with it and need to revisit it to tidy it up a bit.
Been using it for the last hour or so and my eyes are so grateful. Wish I’d known sooner. I’m an idiot. Never even thought to check. The only criticism I have thus far is that it’s not brilliantly obvious (actually it’s almost impossible to determine) which threads are ‘read’ etc. some of the font colours/formatting aren’t ideal. 👍🏻

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Today we are fed puns. Tedious repetitive puns. Frequently of the fish variety. They really, really aren't funny. :sleep:
Have you haddock enough of them?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It's a tough ask for Dazza and his team of fine men (and yes I know a few). It's a balance between millions of posts from: HWT, Zeb, and Hans, or "normal" albion fans keen to know what's going on. Yep @Guinness Boy calls this right, it's a very dull place these days, and no humour, no sandwiches, and basically, no fun. I was particularly taken at the group wank between 2 of the above who thought that chasing me off was "delicious". Needs to be addressed if this board survives
Look at your own post history over the last month... what are you doing that is that much better/more humorous/more fun than anything me, HWT or Zeb are posting?

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Perhaps a tip and tricks video tutorial could be made, I have no doubt that some will think it's straight forward, but there will be many that don't know the best way to navigate things. I have noticed people mention others, How do you do this for example?
A lot of what some do on here may seem basic to them but it isn't for older or less focused IT bods.
If this video was humourous it could go viral hence attracting other football fans to the board. And there might be an injection of yoof and diversity, humour could come with this.
But who has the humour and skill to make and produce such a promotional humourous tutorial?

I'd watch it as long as it wasn't dull. Creativity is key so probably not the 3 amigos.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

You’re the chap who’s come in, made a few snide remarks about other posters, and are now here again complaining that other posters post.

You’ve said nothing humorous, witty or agreeable, and posted precious little to do with the Albion.

Thankfully, there’s an ignore function, so I don’t have to read another sentence of your snide witless bleating. You pop those posters you don’t want to read on ignore, and I’ll do the same for you.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
@Bozza ‘s OP specifically said not to suggest getting rid of named users and that’s where are, so I’m locking this for now. I suspect we have more than enough opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here