Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC - what it has become, and how can it be made better

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I can’t subscribe to the view that the mods should be opinion-less vacuums who only exist to police other people’s content.

I’m 100% certain that they’re not of a uniform political persuasion themselves, and if they’ve got to spend their spare time trawling through everybody else’s posts, the least we owe them is the ability to stick their own tuppence-worth in.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
It's fine as it is and we are lucky to have it compared to the dross I've seen for other teams.

Yes sometimes people have terrible opinions, and yes, I don't come on here after a loss. But the internet is full of mental opinions and this site isn't the worst.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I could be mistaken (and if so, my apologies), but it appears to me that the 'voices' seeking change, now, were among the most vociferous during Covid, Bozo's reign, the Leave 'win' during the Brexit vote/result, and now that Starmer holds the reins.
Obviously, I'm reading too much into it, so yeah....whatever's needed, but I think NSC is fine as it is.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No need to change anything Bozza, how boring it would be if everyone was cut from the same cloth. There will always be a difference of opinions in anything and if that's not to anybody's particular taste they can either ignore a thread or the poster completely. I look forward to my daily dose of NSC banter and whom we might or might not sign as well as sell. Helps take my mind off my elderly parents who are both suffering

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Keep it as it is.

As someone who only reads the forum outside of work I find it quite easy to ignore large swathes of threads that I find uninteresting or do not have the time to get involved with. As long as prefixes and thread titles are clear it is pretty easy to ignore the ones you don't want to get involved with.

I think one thing to remember is that those who post the most probably have the time at work to do it.

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
‘Just Albion thread’ and ‘ignore’ are fantastic.

Could we have an ‘Just Albion mode’? That is, once selected, if you go into a thread and check out a few pages then return to ‘home’ (currently ‘The Big Board’), you would return to ‘Just Albion threads’.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Whilst I can only apologise profusely for the demise on this once great establishment that has happened under my watch, I'm all ears...

I'll consider anything, other than...

- Make it more aligned with your political views. I am repeatedly told NSC is too left-wing. I am repeatedly told NSC is too right-wing. I suspect that some folk are very sensitive to views that differ from their own - possibly a symptom of the main social media platforms creating one-sided echo chambers.

- Get rid of user X. You may think that Bozza is a complete and utter ****, but this isn't the place to stay. There's no need to name names.

So, how would YOU make NSC better?
The patron nudes were a nice surprise but I feel as time has gone on, the lack of effort is obvious. It’s clear as day that the photos sent in April and June were from the same shoot and not original locations as suggested.

Mix it up or frankly don’t bother

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not read all the pages but the quote in the op is both not untrue and a tad pathetic, imo.

I really find NSC valuable to my general wellbeing and therefore I'm rather grateful to Bozza and all the mods. Thank you.

I certainly don't want a polished PL turd/site. I want a fanzine full of fact, rumour, irrelevance and humour. Plus somewhere people can "vent" a bit, while both sober or drunk, about the Modern world/football without it being dissected to death by oh-so-superior and intelligent beings.

The one and only change I would make is a Daily Post Limit (with some kind of emergency override available by contacting a Mod if needed eg i've lost my Tiddles please help etc). Seeing the same names on everything does put me off a bit tbh.

Length of post I don't care about, easy to tl/dr skip them and some really long posts are relevant and interesting.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Been on here every day in the last 10 years. Wouldn’t do that if I didn’t like it. Very easy to ignore the threads you don’t want to read.
Exactly that. I have never once opened a cricket thread, as I'm not a fan of willow on leather. (Despite Tenable being 'okay'.)

abc

Jan 6, 2007
We are lucky to have it and therefore no complaints.

One observation though: I think there are more people who read nsc than post and I think this is because it’s quite an intimidating and unwelcoming space unless you are part of the established elite. It’s a shame because there is probably a diversity of opinion out there that does not get heard.

This tends to apply to the non football threads most of all, so I would personally keep football and everything else separate

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
We are lucky to have it and therefore no complaints.

One observation though: I think there are more people who read nsc than post and I think this is because it’s quite an intimidating and unwelcoming space unless you are part of the established elite. It’s a shame because there is probably a diversity of opinion out there that does not get heard.

This tends to apply to the non football threads most of all, so I would personally keep football and everything else separate
A reasonable point, but didn't we all start off by reading, before posting?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Could we be stricter about what type of threads are allowed on this main section of the forum, so we keep this area for football related content? And then these more controversial threads/topics can be kept elsewhere, meaning you can easily enter into it or ignore it.

Also a daily post limit per user to stop threads being overrun by the same people.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I find little or nothing wrong with the site at all.

I manage not to open threads i have no interest in, never had to "ignore thread" or "ignore a user"

Some of those I don't agree with politically are a great source of information and / or hilarity on other threads.

I think the mods do a good and fair job and I'm really surprised that a few users give one mod so much abuse and get away with it.

It's a great site with many interesting people. Not sure how it could be improved tbh.
I agree with all the bold / underlined stuff above.

Genuinely interested to know who this might be - I must wander around here with my eyes closed or something, anyone, please feel free to DM me a name.

How about a Politics only area like the Just Albion idea - maybe that is already in place I don't really know as I'm selective about which threads I open and avoid the inevitable conflict these threads have between users.

Another possible idea is to post with an anonymous username - obviously Mods etc. would know who is Huw but we don't really need to know that it is bigmouth matey-boy with 47541 posts in 2 years or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here