NSC Upgrade coming soon!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Safeway said:

Yep - should.

Unfortunately I don't possess the technical skills of yourself. The way NSP was transformed today was nothing short of miraculous.

As I say - fingers crossed. How bad can it go, eh?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Will it have a gadget for resizing avatars like NSP has?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
dougdeep said:
Will it have a gadget for resizing avatars like NSP has?

I believe that is now supported by vBulletin, yes. If not, there will be a hack we can install.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sounds good...although i reckon it'd be quite good to 'start from scratch'...with the exception of the NSC Gold threads

zego

Jul 10, 2003
just hope vBulletin haven't improved it worse - don't give us a Vista!

At present, as implemented for NSC, it it about the best bulletin board I have seen.

Difficult to see how the best can be improved. What new/amended features planned?

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Extract from:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224441

---------------
Blog and Social Networking

In response to user requests we have been working on a blogging system that will fully integrate with vBulletin. vBulletin Blog (a working title) will allow sites running vBulletin to extend the functionality to allow forum users to maintain weblogs from their user control panel and leverages the extensive vBulletin permissions system to enable administrators to fine-tune the features available to their visitors.

Blogs can be made private, with blog authors themselves able to create a list of users permitted to view their messages, while the vBulletin inline moderation system makes it easy to ensure that blogs and comments do not contain unwanted material.

Trackback and pingback support is fully integrated, so site owners can expect to quickly find related sites linking back to their own, improving search engine rankings and building traffic.

Additionally, vBulletin Blog adds social networking functionality to your vBulletin installation, which will allow your users to quickly and safely make connections and form relationships. Member profile pages are extended to include an enhanced buddy system, visitor tracking, blog integration and a comment system, all housed within a new and improved profile page template together with improved delivery of existing profile information.
-------------------------

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Will we actually get emails when someone replies to a topic we've posted in? I haven't had them for, ooh, years now. And yes, I've had the function switched on.

That's down to the email address. I didn't receive emails through AOL but I do through Googlemail.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
ginadim said:
I will not be happy if I lose my avatar as it's not saved anywhere.

It'll be saved on EVERYONE'S computer who has viewed it, in their caches.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
MYOB will starting talking about the security aspect soon, when he sees this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here