Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC - split out discussion types into different forums?

Should NSC's Big Board be split into several smaller forums?

• No - keep as is.

Votes: 192 79.3%
  • Yes - Sport and 'The rest'

Votes: 24 9.9%
  • Yes - Local Sport, Other Sport and 'The rest'

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Yes - Football, Other Sport and 'The rest'

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Yes - something else (please state)

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Whilst hardly a long-time user of the forums, I find (as others have mentioned) it refreshing to see the general mash-up that occurs on NSC, allows far more scope for threads to evolve from the mundane to Gold in the merest blink of an eye.

So keep as is for me, please :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks like the 'age old discussion' is no more.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looks pretty clear cut to me. As others have said, it's the serendipitous nature of The Big Board that's its main appeal - I do think that a World Cup section would be useful though.

And Scotty Mac's right, any attempt to split the board into sections would undoubtedly lead to some smartarse saying that something's been posted in the wrong section.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As it is.

And no separate World Cup section. Whatever is important to the majority of NSC users is always at the top.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
3rd option... I'm only interested in BHA, then footie in general from this site... I don't come on here to discuss politics (other than Falmer politics, but that's done now), Big Brother, music, or any other sh1t someone chooses to post...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Keep it as it is, maybe with some more icons for different types of thread.
Music, food, egg chasing and motor racing threads don't interest me at all but having a different icon for them would help me avoid them in future.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Music, food, egg chasing and motor racing threads don't interest me at all but having a different icon for them would help me avoid them in future.

That's actually a good idea if it's reduced to most popular topics (as you say, music, other sports etc.) as the cricket one is very usefl in helping me avoid those threads!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's a no from me. Whenever anything gets moved elsewhere I never look at it, so keep as is for sure. No need to fix something that isn't broken and the greatest thing about NSC is that it's not just about the Albion.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I say keep it the way it is, although from time to time it might be necessary to start a sub-forum (as was the case with Big Brother).

sussexbornandbred

Dec 27, 2009
as many have said...if it aint broke dont fix it! although please stop changing the logo! either keep the old one or the new one...none of this crazy man-seagull or conservative logos please!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

can I have a CHILLI ICON please? :thumbsup:

good idea 8ace, I'm with that and keeping everything as it is innit!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
can I have a CHILLI ICON please? :thumbsup:

good idea 8ace, I'm with that and keeping everything as it is innit!

How about this:
Instead of the default being "No icon" when creating a thread it is :albion:

Then keep the following icons:

Cricket
Horsey (maybe could be anything about gambling)
Football (non - BHAFC)
Falmer
TV

Music
Cooking
News/Current Affairs
Chillies
Formula 1
Egg Chasing
Video Games
Other Sport
Misc

Of the current icons, the man with the hat, the lizard, the bang and the yellow box seem pointless and should go I reckon. 15 seems a good number as it would fill up both rows of the "Post Icons" box.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
How about this:
Instead of the default being "No icon" when creating a thread it is :albion:

Then keep the following icons:

Cricket
Horsey (maybe could be anything about gambling)
Football (non - BHAFC)
Falmer
TV

Music
Cooking
News/Current Affairs
Chillies
Formula 1
Egg Chasing
Video Games
Other Sport
Misc

Of the current icons, the man with the hat, the lizard, the bang and the yellow box seem pointless and should go I reckon. 15 seems a good number as it would fill up both rows of the "Post Icons" box.

yeah that looks good to me, although the LIZARD must stay for sentimental reasons :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here