Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC School of Driving

...and how about this, there are two roads in Paris where you have to drive on the left.
Avenue_du_G%C3%A9n%C3%A9ral_Lemonnier_1.JPG

Is that picture life size?

And there is one road in the UK where you have to drive on the right. Anyone know where?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What always gets my goat is the way drivers don't understand that the 3rd lane on a motorway is a "overtaking lane" not the "fast lane".

Had a discussion in the offices a few years ago about motorway driving and ther were two relative new drivers of less than 6 months, one female early 40's and a your bloke early 20's, an and the level of motorway driving knowledge was scary, this was at a time when motorway driving was not covered in lesson or test,
The young bloke would not believe the middle lane was for overtaking only and when free the inside lane should be used, and said he always "cruised" in the middle lane.
And the woman openly admitted she would only use the middle lane regardless of what other lanes were free because "if something happened" she could then use the either lane to her left or right !!!
Clear them all off the road I say.
overhead_sign.gif

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have heard that white and green van drivers approaching the A23/A27 turn off by the roundabout have it programmed in their peanut size brains that you have to drive at 100+ MPH towards the roundabout and then swerve in at the last minute towards the Lewes/Hove turn off so causing all other road users to brake sharply. I also understand they are all pathalogicall fuckwits

Also seemly it is now that law that on a four lane motorway such as the M25 articulated trucks are indeed allowed to drive in all 4 lanes, including the outside lane, and they get points for doing this 4 abreast. These it transpires are called "f***ing foreign fuckwits"

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Many people also need to learn that putting on your hazard warning lights doesn't magically make your car become invisible allowing other cars to drive straight through you therefore letting you off the fact that you are parked in a ludicrous place causing huge disruption.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Many people also need to learn that putting on your hazard warning lights doesn't magically make your car become invisible allowing other cars to drive straight through you therefore letting you off the fact that you are parked in a ludicrous place causing huge disruption.

It's strange how many people believe the hazard warning lights are " a cloaking device"

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's strange how many people believe the hazard warning lights are " a cloaking device"

But if you look in your Highway Code, it says:
"Certain drivers may use their hazard lights to park on the pavement in a non-parking area, instead of finding a proper parking space, so long as they consider themselves so rich and important that they don't have to follow the same rules as the common people."

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Could someone point out to the afore-mentioned women 4x4 drivers taking their children less than 500 yards to Prep School that these vehicles do have rear doors that open on the pavement side as well. Children are for life, not for roadkill.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Also, Driving with you front fog lamps does not make your car look more expensive or cool. Its just indicate the car is being driven by a cock.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Also, Driving with you front fog lamps does not make your car look more expensive or cool. Its just indicate the car is being driven by a cock.

Yes , Yes it does.

There is nothing more cool than driving a Megane with the front "Foggs" on.

Its the only pleasure left to the older generation.

Anyway, why do the younger generation have to put speakers in their cars that mean you can hear them in Kent whilst they driving in Portslade...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What always gets my goat is the way drivers don't understand that the 3rd lane on a motorway is a "overtaking lane" not the "fast lane".

Had a discussion in the offices a few years ago about motorway driving and ther were two relative new drivers of less than 6 months, one female early 40's and a your bloke early 20's, an and the level of motorway driving knowledge was scary, this was at a time when motorway driving was not covered in lesson or test,
The young bloke would not believe the middle lane was for overtaking only and when free the inside lane should be used, and said he always "cruised" in the middle lane.
And the woman openly admitted she would only use the middle lane regardless of what other lanes were free because "if something happened" she could then use the either lane to her left or right !!!

One of the biggest arguments in favour of getting everyone to re-take their driving test every 10 years or so.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My youngest passed her Driving Test yesterday and whilst waiting for her in the waiting soom ( natuarally) I got chatting to a really nice bloke who was a driving instructer ( no hair, drawn look, shaking uncontrollably) anyway he related a brilliant story.

A few months ago, this girl booked some lessons. Anyway, they got in his car, he explained the controls etc and she started the engine. he said " pull away gently using first gear"....she floored it wheelspinning for about 20 yards before he realised what was going on and rammed the dual control clutch in and brought the car to a stop in a cloud of brake dust. He said...."what was that?" and she said in all sincerity that her hobby was speed trialling on Brighton marina Parade with her mates who at 14 (!!!!!) had taught her to drive and she had been doing this for 4 years. ( she was 18). It took her 5 lessons to stay withing the speed limit and seemly she said that all of her mates drove and none of them had licenses!!!

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
At roundabouts you give way to traffic approaching from the RIGHT (recently my vehicle must have become invisible judging by the number of people who've pulled out in front of me :angry: )

Also, when driving on a roundabout, it is helpful to other road users to INDICATE if you are turning left or right and NOT to assume everyone knows where you're going.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
At roundabouts you give way to traffic approaching from the RIGHT (recently my vehicle must have become invisible judging by the number of people who've pulled out in front of me :angry: )

Also, when driving on a roundabout, it is helpful to other road users to INDICATE if you are turning left or right and NOT to assume everyone knows where you're going.

Worst road junction in Brighton - North Stand Chat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here