Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC Quiz League 2020- The Domestic Season

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ooh.

I'm interested to see whether I'll get anything for one of my answers!

I wouldn't want to rival Kevo though, so there'll be no whinging if it goes against me.

If it's the one I'm thinking of then no points.

It's an odd one really. Stoke City is in a southerly direction to the main railway station. Longport is to the north. Hence folk don't get out at Longport for the Bet365.

Strangely, some did answer Stoke. I'm not sure why excepting that perhaps they miss-read the question. It seems strange knowing that an urban branch railway station is in a certain city without being aware of the club that is connected to it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

It's an odd one really. Stoke City is in a southerly direction to the main railway station. Longport is to the north. Hence folk don't get out at Longport for the Bet365.

Strangely, some did answer Stoke. I'm not sure why excepting that perhaps they miss-read the question. It seems strange knowing that an urban branch railway station is in a certain city without being aware of the club that is connected to it.
That isn't the one I was thinking of, I was thinking Q11.

I did guess Stoke for Q1 purely on the basis that I couldn't think of any other league teams in Staffordshire! The existence of Port Vale passed me by entirely.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That isn't the one I was thinking of, I was thinking Q11.

I did guess Stoke for Q1 purely on the basis that I couldn't think of any other league teams in Staffordshire! The existence of Port Vale passed me by entirely.

I gave you the point for that one. If I think folk know what they mean then I always award it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wouldn't want to rival Kevo though, so there'll be no whinging if it goes against me.

Oi! I'm intrigued about what you put for Q11, just in case there's any FAVOURITISM going on.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Oi! I'm intrigued about what you put for Q11, just in case there's any FAVOURITISM going on.
[emoji38]

I just put Telscombe rather than Peacehaven & Telscombe.

Living in Newhaven for as long as I did I obviously know of Telscombe Tye, but wasn't aware that the two towns shared a team.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I know what you are thinking. I guessed Stoke with no knowledge of the station name at all. The guess was purely educated by the Staffordshire location. Staffordshire is famous for pottery. Stoke is in the potteries. So I guessed Stoke.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I gave you the point for that one. If I think folk know what they mean then I always award it.

On that basis can I have a point for putting Bristol Rovers instead of Bournemouth for question 2 ? I get my B's mixed up :lolol:

Interesting question and was very surprised when I saw the answer as I have never heard of Pokesdown yet I have visited Bournemouth and the ground on several occasions.

Excellent quiz - keep up the good work.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
[emoji38]

Living in Newhaven for as long as I did I obviously know of Telscombe Tye, but wasn't aware that the two towns shared a team.

Hmmm.... I hope we will all be in receipt of such generosity from the quizmaster at some point. :wink:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
On that basis can I have a point for putting Bristol Rovers instead of Bournemouth for question 2 ? I get my B's mixed up :lolol:

Interesting question and was very surprised when I saw the answer as I have never heard of Pokesdown yet I have visited Bournemouth and the ground on several occasions.

Excellent quiz - keep up the good work.

I'm with you, brother - I put Brisol Rovers too!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
[emoji38]

If only AZ Gull had posted a write-up on the scholars a couple of days before the quiz referencing a player and giving away the correct answer to this question - oh, wait a minute...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If only AZ Gull had posted a write-up on the scholars a couple of days before the quiz referencing a player and giving away the correct answer to this question - oh, wait a minute...

I think it was the very same day !

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I know what you are thinking. I guessed Stoke with no knowledge of the station name at all. The guess was purely educated by the Staffordshire location. Staffordshire is famous for pottery. Stoke is in the potteries. So I guessed Stoke.

I get it now. Folk didn't know the station in some cases but went for Stoke on the basis of Staffordshire. Makes sense now.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Update:

NSC League Cup:

QF.png

Draw:

SF.png

Leagues:

Div 1.png

Div 2.png
[MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]* [MENTION=1272]bhafc99[/MENTION] [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION]* [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21056]Smirko[/MENTION] [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]* [MENTION=14797]albionalbino[/MENTION] [MENTION=33723]Bod[/MENTION] [MENTION=27150]Coldeanseagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=27196]gordycom[/MENTION] [MENTION=34159]Hampden Park[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13947]happypig[/MENTION] [MENTION=11929]Higham Seagull Army[/MENTION] [MENTION=41147]Jeremiah[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12862]madinthehead[/MENTION] [MENTION=587]Pevenseagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4361]Shirty[/MENTION]* [MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION]* [MENTION=97]Toronto Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION] [MENTION=5194]NEASTGULL[/MENTION] [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION]

Results, matches etc can be viewed here...

https://nscquizleague.leaguerepublic.com/

Matches 16-18

You have fifteen questions to answer. If you are still in the cup, you must answer the tie-break question also, although it does not count towards the league and only counts in the cup if you are tied with your opponent. In the case of the tie-beak the nearest answer wins.

Take your time, a few hard ones in the final two batches:

1 Which team were first to sack their manager during the ACTIVE Premier League 2019/20 season (Post July) ?
2 Who finished 9th in the Premier League during the 2019/20 season ?
3 Who was appointed interim manager of Watford on 19th July this year ?
4 Which Sussex non-league team play at East Court ?
5 Which current Premier League team won the FA Cup Final for the first time in 1965 ?
6 Which Queens Park Rangers player captained England during 1975-76 ?
7 Who was the English referee at the 1980 Euros ?
8 Who officially won the National League this year, returning to the football league after a long time away ?
9 When Albion beat Doncaster Rovers at home in 1997, they moved off the bottom of the table because Hereford had lost where ?
10 South Bermondsey station is the station to head for if you are visiting which team's ground ?
11 281 miles from the AMEX, via the M40 and M6, then the A59/A5085 then takes us along the Blackpool Road to which team's ground ?
12 Who won the FA Cup in 2020 ?
13 Which Albion defender, 1982-1987, made his debut for Wales in 1990 ?
14 Who won the European Champions League on Sunday last ?
15 If a British player was not born in the the UK, and does not have a parent or grandparent that was born here, how many UK nations does he qualify for ?

TB In which year did Leeds United first play in an FA Cup Final ?

Deadline day is Thursday, please, please, don't make me chase. There will be a daily bounce as usual.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ugh. I can’t enjoy my current position as I just KNOW I’m going to choke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here