Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC 'No Goal Music' campaign on the Football league podcast

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
They phoned me up and asked me about it and of course I confirmed that I will NEVER play any and if anyone suggests we should at Falmer...well, I don't think they will! I did point out the ONE benefit of it, ie the fact that it was having our local Piranhas' 'Tom Hark' played at us when OTHER teams scored that provided the idea for our Hit in 2005. But no goal music, ever.

I have heard a rumour that (some of) the Piranhas are having a one-off reformation, by the way. At the moment it is just that...a rumour!

What a wonderful start to the season. I am still trying to work out whether I can get to the Tranmere game and be at Helmsley Arts Centre for a 7.30 start...

The Football League | Fans | Podcast | Podcasts | PODCAST - EPISODE 9

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have heard a rumour that (some of) the Piranhas are having a one-off reformation, by the way. At the moment it is just that...a rumour!

No its fact,
Bob's already confirmed it, Zoot’s trip back across the pond coincides with the Brighton punk fest day, so they have been given a slot. :thumbsup:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No its fact,
Bob's already confirmed it, Zoot’s trip back across the pond coincides with the Brighton punk fest day, so they have been given a slot. :thumbsup:
What about Reginald, John Helmer and Dick the drummer?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Hi Tim, cheers for the other night, you looked great in that WIG! It's Bob, John and Zoot, from what I've heard, and that's at the Vaultage all dayer at the Albert on 17 Oct. Lots of reformations going on, though sadly not Joby and the Hooligans, Devil's Dykes, Nicky & the Dots or Wrist Action...or for that matter Brighton Riot Squad, eh, Gwylan/Max?

Line up as it stands:

From 12am and throughout the day: exhibits of Brighton punk
memorabilia on display

12am • 2.00pm Gear in and soundcheck

Afternoon session
2.00pm • DJ Wag spins the choons

3.00pm • The Lillettes
3.15pm • Mockingbirds
3.30pm • Airtight Garage
4.00pm • Attila the Stockbroker
4.40pm • Helen McCookerybook from the Chefs
5.30pm • The Parrots/VolSec
6.15pm • MORE SPECIAL GUESTS - The Piranhas

6.45pm • DJ Wag

Bands changeover

Evening session
7.30 • DJ Wag

8.30 • Jonnie & the Lubes
9.15 • Depressions/Vandells
10.10 • Peter & The Test Tube Babies

11.00pm - 12.00pm (close) • DJ Wag

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
it WAS more than a rumour, but since Programme Seller let the cat out of the bag, as it were, i thought I'd give the latest info I'd got..

Let the cat out of the bag :shrug:
You stated it was a rumour, and i confirmed as i was told it was going to happen. no one told me it was to be kept secret:facepalm:

They are actually doing two sets, Last of the afternoon and the first of the evening

Although i was told a while ago, its now listed on the event front page

punkbrighton | Home

But there are very few tickets left.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hi Tim, cheers for the other night, you looked great in that WIG! It's Bob, John and Zoot, from what I've heard, and that's at the Vaultage all dayer at the Albert on 17 Oct. Lots of reformations going on, though sadly not Joby and the Hooligans, Devil's Dykes, Nicky & the Dots or Wrist Action...or for that matter Brighton Riot Squad, eh, Gwylan/Max?

Well, I'm not sure that I'd still fit into my punk gear John :lolol::lolol:

That sounds like a great night. I saw John Helmer at an IT conference a few years back - which was a bit of a shock. I'll see if I can come down to it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Interesting that it seems even players don't like it. :lol:

The only thing is that the interview makes it sound like a protest against something that was being planned, rather than a general disapproval.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Firstly GREAT news that you won't play goal music!

Secondly my old man told me about that punk day but he got the date wrong, so I might pop along now

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hang on I thought that you were looking forward to being an "ordinary" fan again and the DJ duties would be down to someone else at falmer???

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Looks like that was wishful thinking on your part. And mine. :down:
Last season someone off here had their choice of songs played before a game didn't they?

I thought that was a good idea, would be a good way to get fans involved and not have the same thing week in week out (whether that be Atilla's music or Lady Gaga or whatever).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Last season someone off here had their choice of songs played before a game didn't they?

I thought that was a good idea, would be a good way to get fans involved and not have the same thing week in week out (whether that be Atilla's music or Lady Gaga or whatever).
I know that Buzzer was going to get some tunes sorted, not sure they ever got played.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I know that Buzzer was going to get some tunes sorted, not sure they ever got played.

They did.

Well sort of.

He played ONE. The other he cut short to give his tribute to Paul Samrah who was ill at the time. I think the other was a song for Gullys Girls which they danced to.

He could have done it at HT or before the songs or after the game but no.

I think he was PISSED off.

He being Atilla by the way.

Thing is Buzzers selection was rather good!

Last edited:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Actually, I've played 'Jump Around by House of Pain from Buzzer's selection about 3 times, have stopped playing old punk stuff (I get more complaints for NOT playing it than I did when I WAS!) I haven't played 'I predict A Riot' for the last two games, you can't please all the people all the time.....as for what happens at Falmer, I have absolutely no idea. From what I gather there will be no PA box as such, there is a 'production gallery' for music etc somewhere and all announcements will be done pitch side. I'm happy to go with whatever the club wants!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here