Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC New lay out

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was sat on my PC and logged into NSC and got some horrible format of it but then tried on my laptop using the same Firefox but got the proper old one why is there a difference and how do I avoid getting the other format which I didnt like at all.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I have the old format, assume its a IE thing as only see it like this at work.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was sat on my PC and logged into NSC and got some horrible format of it but then tried on my laptop using the same Firefox but got the proper old one why is there a difference and how do I avoid getting the other format which I didnt like at all.

If the page looked like it was from 1995 then it didn't load properly , had it earlier on but when I did a refresh went back to normal.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
I had the same so I clicked on to NSC 'New lay out' and it changed to the normal page thank goodness. So what was that all about?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Keeps happening to me too. Load it up every now and then and you're presented with just a sort of plain text version rather than all the fancy HTML stuff. Then after about half an hour or so it goes back to the normal format. Have tried it on IE and Chrome and the same thing happens. Clearing Cookies/cache doesn't make any difference either.

Keeps happening to me too. Load it up every now and then and you're presented with just a sort of plain text version rather than all the fancy HTML stuff. Then after about half an hour or so it goes back to the normal format. Have tried it on IE and Chrome and the same thing happens. Clearing Cookies/cache doesn't make any difference either.

Exactly the same for me and the clearing cookies etc.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I kept getting it on IE8 intermittently. It only went when it decided to. Clearing cookies & refreshing the page made no difference. I've not had any issue's so far using chrome

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's almost certainly server side not client side, the style sheet is either not loading or loading partially. Although I'm sure Bozza can talk better about his own site, this may be down to the site being busy and having the server slow down, causing misconfiguration.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It would be nice to have an option of when you can click to 'like' a post. I think Bozza mentioned it a few months ago.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A couple of people have mentioned this to me, but I've not seen it myself.

As someone mentioned above, it will be part of the site not loading correctly, causing your browser to render the page incorrectly.

Our hosting is such that we have all but limitless resources so there really should be no such thing as the server being 'too busy' and causing this.

In short - I'm a bit stumped without either seeing it myself or knowing when it's happening for others so I can investigate a few things.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] it is basically loading without the stylesheet, disable the stylesheet in firebug and you'll replicate the problem, I've had it happen myself. Sometimes it can be both the server having a hiccup at the same time as someone is rendering a page on a poor reception, like a data connection, as this is where it tends to happen to me.

This is pretty much how it renders...

nsc-noncss.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here