Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC launch ASDA Boycott

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Tesco opening opposite me on western road on feb 16th !

Yessssss, never have to go further than 20 yrds again to do my shopping.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Curious Orange said:
Isn't ASDA owned by WalMart? And didn't WalMart sell the bullets to the kids that shot up that school in Columbine?

I think it was KMart that sold the Columbine bullets. KMart is in deep doo-doos now anyway.

But Walmart is responsible for destroying many rural communities so I boycott them too, except when I want something.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i work there so its a bit difficult to boycott it

but i'm on your side :censored: :censored:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'm hoping non- online albion fans are taking the same thing- so i can have an easy night tomorrow

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Email sent. I mentioned this in a thread on Sunday. Is there anything we should be doing to support the scheme? Letters, petition etc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another tactic is someone to pop by there every evening and swipe their petitions.

The job is a good'un.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
Another tactic is someone to pop by there every evening and swipe their petitions.

The job is a good'un.

Braders?

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
I don’t do much letter writing and am not much of a lettery person but here is my effort. I’m sure I left out lots of facts etc… but it is one more complaint for them to take notice of.

======

Today I was saddened to hear that your store in Hollingbury, Brighton is participating in a personal dispute against a proposed Park and Ride scheme at Carden Avenue.

The proposed scheme, during home fixtures of the local football league side, Brighton and Hove Albion, would be using Carden Avenue and closing it off for a period of the day.

This will keep cars out of the city centre and cut down on pollution by getting people on buses to the home fixtures. I would like to know for what reason ASDA is opposed to environmental travel across the city and the wish of the people of Brighton. I can only imagine that this is a personal dispute of a minor number of individuals involved with your store.

The Park and Ride will draw attention to your store and promote it to a wider span of people coming from across the county and further afield to use the facility.

I certainly will not be returning your chain of stores while you support such a petition and will also advise others to stay away from ASDA too.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
bloody cheek though

got asked after work to sign it the other day

the thing was i was in my albion shirt (with it showing)

:nono:

anyway i said 'no i've already signed for'

and walked off

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Having been harassed by the girl on the checkout I was prompted to write:

"I'd like to register my objection to the use of checkout and tannoy staff at the Hollingbury branch of your store to lobby customers to sign a petition, the purpose of which is to protest against Brighton and Hove Council's proposals to close Carden Avenue in order to operate an occasional Park and Ride scheme. The official reason for the objection, as I understand it, is because of the congestion it will cause as traffic will take another route that runs close to the store entrance. Isn’t the real reason that you are concerned that the extra traffic will put customers off visiting the store when the Park and Ride is in operation?

The reason that the council have made the proposal is to enable Brighton and Hove Albion to ease congestion in the area surrounding their ground at Withdean Stadium when 1,000 extra seats are installed. The revenue from these extra seats is vital if the club is to survive the next phase of its redevelopment-the building of a 22,000 seat stadium at Falmer. The club is an important focal point in Brighton and Hove and you only have to take a look around the store car park and you'll see plenty of car stickers to support this claim.

At present, the club is faces an uncertain future. The proposed stadium at Falmer has yet to be granted approval by the government and any perception of local objection to the club’s efforts to make the Falmer dream a reality will surely have a detrimental effect.

The impact that the Park and Ride scheme will have on Asda at Hollingbury will be felt for only one afternoon, every second weekend and occasional weekday evenings for just over nine months of the year until the new stadium is built. The impact to the local community of losing a football club will be felt for many years to come. Please drop the petition and show your support for the community."

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Dear Sir/Madam,

I visited you store in Hollingbury today and was disgusted to hear the announcements that were being put out on the in store tannoy system. Customers were being requested to sign a petition against a new park and ride scheme proposed by Brighton & Hove Albion FC. The scheme is necessary for the club to build 2000 new seats at our temporary ground, the revenue from which will be vital in keeping the much loved club running. 60000 plus people signed the clubs petition for a new ground which is expected to be approved soon. Many of these people will be shoppers at the store, especially in the future as the store lies on the main approach road to the new location. If this is the view taken by ASDA then I have no problem in finding a new place to shop as I'm sure the clubs other supporters will be more than happy to do.

I would also like to know what objection the store has to the scheme. It will increase the number of people in the area on matchdays, people will be directed to drive past the store, and all current ASDA customers are instructed not to use the piece of road that will be closed off.

I look forward for your response on this issue.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Perhaps someone could go up there with a counter-petition, asking people to support the park and ride proposals.

I am just imagining the ruck it would cause and the bad publicity garnered from the manager getting people slung off the plot.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Juan Albion said:
I think it was KMart that sold the Columbine bullets. KMart is in deep doo-doos now anyway.

But Walmart is responsible for destroying many rural communities so I boycott them too, except when I want something.

You're right, it was KMart.

I would boycott ASDA, but I'm not sure where the nearest branch is in order to be able to that. So, I'll boycott Co-Op instead (they never even offered to give me some stamps the last time I went in there!!), and continue to shop in Tesco.

:lolol:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
E-mail sent...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here