Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC launch ASDA Boycott

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Tonight's trip to ASDA!

Just returned from another exciting trip to ASDA Hollingbury. The old bloke on the tannoy announced that there is a petitiion at the front of the store so that customers can show their dissent at the council's plan to close off Carden Avenue for Park and Ride on Saturday afternoons when the Albion are at home once we get the extra seats.

Whilst the extra seats aren't much use just at the moment, it is important to get extra bums on seats in readiness for Falmer. No extra park and ride at Carden Avenue = No Extra Seats. Anyway, I informed the old man that I would be boycotting ASDA from now on in protest at their decision (obviously I made sure I bought my cheap goods first!!).

The petition is at the front of the store if anyone wants to know.......

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Prefer Morissons anyway

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I heard the same thing on the tannoy at ASDA tonight, too; the old bloke was fairly unsubtle about enticing people to bring up objections, as you might expect. f*** that - boycott the buggers!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Asda is a "pikey" shop anyway! I certainly won't go there if they're going to take that attitude. Also, they're only too happy to support the building of a new ground for Franchise MK.

Oct 25, 2003
Deadly Danson said:
But living near Withdean where should I shop now???

i live there and the only place i can think of is co-op patcham, but thats a bit small. It'd have to be somewhere lower down the London Road i'm afraid

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Dirty filthy place that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Scum shop - I will now only use Fortnum and Mason

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
What a bunch of plebs. Perry in the Argus states that it benefits them directly as everyone has to drive past the store. I've sent my e mail.

F*cking Pikees.

Albion Rob

My mum works in ASDA in Eastbourne, so I'm going to boycott her by moving out and getting my dad to cook my dinner from now on.

There is a lad at her store who is massive Albion, in the A21s and never misses a game. His position is clearly compromised.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I certainly won't shop there again if thats their attitude - have just sent them the following e-mail and suggest lots more do the same -

"Having just been to the Asda store at Hollingbury, Brighton I would like to inform you that I left the store without making a purchase.
This was after I heard an announcement over the tannoy requesting customers sign a petition objecting to a proposed park & ride scheme for Brighton & Hove Albion F.C.
In future I will now shop at other supermarkets if this is Asda's stance and am quite frankly disgusted that Asda take this view on a subject that has had passions running very high in the city for the last few years - namely the survival of our football club which depends on the support of the community.
60,000+ supporters signed a petition in favour of our proposed new stadium (that's a lot of shoppers!)which shows the level of support and although this particular application is for a park and ride scheme at our temporary home, keeping the club alive and well supported during this time is imperitive.
I have also noticed this evening that various internet supporter groups are running news on this and urging supporters to boycott Asda - I have added my support to this and will be informing friends, colleagues and other supporters as to the facts so they can make in informed choice as to their shopping habits in the future.
I would be interested to hear your response on this issue. "

Feel better for a bit of a rant!! :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here