Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Grumpy Old Men Thread

As we are being overrun with Under 18 style threads, I thought I'd start one for us older people. Bit of a Room 101 thing - just post what irks you.

Here are a few of mine to kick it off.

Service Station prices - 45p for a packet of Fruit Gums?

People kicking up a fuss about the possible relaxation of gaming laws - adults should be free to do what they want. By the same token, it is ridiculous to allow anyone Under 18 to gamble on anything. £5 jackpot fruities can be played by anyone and they are one of the most addicitive draws into gambling.

The spurious arguments put up by Pro Fox Hunting or Pro Smoking. Just admit it is fun for you. Don't insult my intelligence by saying that the fox doesn't suffer or there is no link between cancer and passive smoking.

Price fixing by electrical stores. As much as they deny it, we all know it goes on.

Game only reducing the price of their games when a local store has forced them. You can get a game for £32.99 in one Game and £39.99 in a Game 10 miles down the road.

CD's still costing more than tapes. You can buy a blank CD for 8p these days.

Courier companies continually trying to deliver stuff at 11.30 am. We have to work. dammit.

Piers Morgan - I can't believe it took so long to get rid of him. He cost the nation hundreds of thousands of pounds with the retrial of Woodgate by printing Sub-judicial comments in his rag. Then he gets found guilty of insider dealing and gets off.

Police cars that do 50 mph on motorways, trying to entice speeders but only creating huge tailbacks as people overtake them at 51 mph.

People who brake hard at speed cameras, taking their speed from 30 mph down to 20 mph. They go off at 37 - not 30.00000000000001.

Middle lane hoggers.

Old people who do 20 mph less than the speed limit everywhere. If you can't handle a car at speed limits then you shouldn't be allowed control of a lethal weapon.

Car Parking charges. 40p per 15 minutes in Portsmouth yesterday. Don't you want people to shop there? They provide nice food courts that people won't use because they need a second mortgage to pay for the time it would take.

Don't get me started on Traffic Wardens in Hove! They have cut down the number of spaces to about the ratio of 1 warden to 1 space. :angry:

I'll stop now else I'll be here all day. Feel free to vent your spleens.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Blimey fella. That doesn't leave much for the rest of us, does it?

Personally, I get most upset by middle lane hogs on the motorway, and people who drive at 40 everywhere - even in towns. If it was too scary to drive faster on the open road, why keep going that fast when there's more dangers about? :angry:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
People in front of me a shopping que counting exactly the right amount of change when I am in a hurry

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
People in a 10 items only queue examining your shopping basket to make sure you have 10 items or less ( Feck off you nosey old git)

I concur with the cretins who drive through a speed trap at 20 miles and hour. Especially on the Shoreham Harbour road.

ASDA advert where you get women patting their arses

Automatic calling lists...where you phone up somewhere and have to listen to options, only to be finally after half an hour getting through to the right department, get cut off...NTL ( wankers)

Men who sit on the train with their legs splayed apart. Whats the matter? Your balls too big mate?

People wearing England shirts who have never been near a football ground in their life.

Chuggers. Charity Muggers...you know who they are.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Beer prices compared with up north:drink: :angry:

Really slow swimmers that won't let you go ahead of them when lane swimming.

Lorries over taking Lorries on motorway hills:angry:

Tailgaiters:censored:

Being charged £3 for the joy of 10 pence worth of ground pigs head in a stale roll at football matches around the country.

Southampton Traffic Wardens (same system as Brighton)

Being charged 80% of the cost of petrol in tax.

Fat women in crop tops.:eek:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Soton Seagull said:

Lorries over taking Lorries on motorway hills:angry:

As we only have 10 hours max of driving time each day,we overtake when we can. As lorry tax costs about 10 times what car tax does,I think we have the right.
Car drivers who overtake lorries just before motorway junctions and then slam on their brakes.:angry:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Men who wear those tight fitting football shirts that accentuate their huge fat beer gut.

Women with tatoos

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
dave the gaffer said:
Men who wear those tight fitting football shirts that accentuate their huge fat beer gut.

Women with tatoos

You've upset most of the people on here now.:lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
People who go on and on and on and on and never come to the point

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Moaning old FUCKERS are my main gripe.
Bugger of Chappers this is our thread, go and start your own one about this so-called 'music' you listen to. Sounds like a load of ferrets mating in the cutlery draw if you ask me.

Younger generation? Pah! We had to live through the Seventies for you and what thanks do we get? None.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh don't get me started on Mums and kids in their bloody 4-wheel Tonka Toys. In fact, people who drive 4-wheel drive cars in towns anyway. I mean - WHY?

People who stop, four-abreast, in the middle of the street, blocking the way for the rest of us. I consider it beneath me to say 'excuse me' when these ignoramuses do this.

People who shout in a confined space. Like my office. Sake, I am only three feet away.

People who take a step backwards in the street. WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING.

Tofu is shit.

Thai food in pubs. Oh, please, who are you trying to kid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here