Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nsc Full Of Doom Merchants!!!

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Ernest is a fool.

I'm banking on us to go to Cardiff this season.

Get behind the team and ignore the miserable gits who have relegated us after 2 games.

And as for that muppet FG.

:tosser:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
just think if it wasnt for Tommy Mooney and Andy Guerney, we would be in league 1 playing shite teams like Torquay, Hull, Doncaster

You have to chose between playing in the big time and being rubbish, or playing in a non descript place and being good

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Timbo said:
If Dick Knight thinks that he's very short sighted. 90% of fans don't really care about all the in and outs of Falmer. Obviously everyone wants it to be approved but I think if you opened it on Saturday the attendance would be very disappointing. Only getting 6,500 at home because of restrictions has disguised just how much of our support has drifted away.

If most of your football conversations take place on NSC you are only talking to a very small proportion of Albion fans and they tend to be absolute die hards who would watch us ground sharing with Carlisle. There are probably 20,000 fans out of the play off final crowd who can't even be bothered to try and get tickets for Withdean.
Correct and about 1%:drink: of fans are on here:glare:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Timbo said:
If Dick Knight thinks that he's very short sighted. 90% of fans don't really care about all the in and outs of Falmer. Obviously everyone wants it to be approved but I think if you opened it on Saturday the attendance would be very disappointing. Only getting 6,500 at home because of restrictions has disguised just how much of our support has drifted away.

If most of your football conversations take place on NSC you are only talking to a very small proportion of Albion fans and they tend to be absolute die hards who would watch us ground sharing with Carlisle. There are probably 20,000 fans out of the play off final crowd who can't even be bothered to try and get tickets for Withdean.

When I said that we had 6/7000 die hard supporters and 4000 floating plus 5000 glory seekers I got slated but I would think that my estimation isn't far out.

We need a ground irrespective of crowds and the club say that Falmer is the ideal so FALMER it is. Until then we will struggle in this division simply because of league rules which state that your wages bill can be no more than, I think it is 60% of your income. which in our case is approx £110,000 per match i.e £55,000 per week 60% = £33,000 the entire squad. reserves and youth players. Some of the players on £3000 per week doesnt take a mathematical genius to work out which other players we can afford.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
At the beginning of May sometime there was a poll about whether we really wanted to be in the playoffs etc

The vote was overwhelmingly in favour of getting promoted via the playoffs even if we did struggle in Div 1.
That was a dream then, something we all wanted.

Well now we have it. Stop moaning and enjoy it.

So what if we go back down again. We can try and win 'League 1' again for a second time or try for the playoffs again and another trip to Cardiff.

Or.... you never know.... when our injured and suspended players are back we may even win a few games.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
At the beginning of May sometime there was a poll about whether we really wanted to be in the playoffs etc

The vote was overwhelmingly in favour of getting promoted via the playoffs even if we did struggle in Div 1.
That was a dream then, something we all wanted.

Well now we have it. Stop moaning and enjoy it.

So what if we go back down again. We can try and win 'League 1' again for a second time or try for the playoffs again and another trip to Cardiff.

Or.... you never know.... when our injured and suspended players are back we may even win a few games.

Top post as always Yorkie!!
:clap2:

As we are all aware, we CANNOT compete with the likes of Sunderland, Leeds, West Ham!! We have been promoted through IMHO the best route, "Cardiff!"

Enjoy this season! It WILL be bumpy and IF we do go down, it's not the end of world!! I think though we wil stay up just!!

ALBION TILL I DIE!!
:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here