[Misc] NSC fishing thread 2020

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
That picture of the 22lb bass looks very fishy.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Loads still about here, nothing huge but a few sizeable.

IMG_20200121_133055.jpg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Whereabouts ?

Any fishermen worth thier salt would never tell you thier best spots to fish so I will just say near Aberystwyth.

On a side note since skate in fish n chip shops became untrendy there has been a massive influx of decent sized Ray of all types around the country and here they're so prolific now any trip without catching one is rare.

Ray are coming closer inshore than they ever did along the South Coast and are caught in club matches on a regular basis, good for the pleasure angler, Bass are prolific here due to a protected nursery just up the coast so we get them all year round.

The 2-3 pounders are suckers for ragworm, the larger specimens seem to prefer fresh mackerel baits or peeler crab, the real big ones seem to fall for surface popper lures, I'm spoilt here, the fishing can be superb, in the summer months we get plagued out with Greater Weavers which attack all baits so we switch to floating live prawn for the bass and live sandeel just off the bottom for big Turbot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Any fishermen worth thier salt would never tell you thier best spots to fish so I will just say near Aberystwyth.

On a side note since skate in fish n chip shops became untrendy there has been a massive influx of decent sized Ray of all types around the country and here they're so prolific now any trip without catching one is rare.

Ray are coming closer inshore than they ever did along the South Coast and are caught in club matches on a regular basis, good for the pleasure angler, Bass are prolific here due to a protected nursery just up the coast so we get them all year round.

The 2-3 pounders are suckers for ragworm, the larger specimens seem to prefer fresh mackerel baits or peeler crab, the real big ones seem to fall for surface popper lures, I'm spoilt here, the fishing can be superb, in the summer months we get plagued out with Greater Weavers which attack all baits so we switch to floating live prawn for the bass and live sandeel just off the bottom for big Turbot.

Indeed - a 'general location' was all I was expecting..................:smile:

I really need to research the local area a bit more for some sea lure fishing..never done much of it but really fancy trying it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Indeed - a 'general location' was all I was expecting..................:smile:

I really need to research the local area a bit more for some sea lure fishing..never done much of it but really fancy trying it.

If your in and around Sussex then no better place to go than Birling gap in August with lures at low tide, just move around until you hit them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Christ, mad times indeed when PPF ends up following a fishing thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here