Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC finances - an update

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're burning bandwidth like never before right now. Current forecast is that we could hit 170GB this month:

http://rpg-works.net/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl?config=northstandchat.com

100GB are included in the $41 monthly charge, with the extra costing $0.75 per GB. I could be faced with a bill for $93.50 this month - about £50 I guess.

Funds actually received to date are:

2 user donations totalling £30 (these nearly covered December's bill.)

Funds earned but not received are:

Google ads - $46.59. (Clicks have really trailed off here. Google do not pay until a month end where the balance is $100 - so quite a long way off there.)

Tradedoubler (HMV Tom Hark and Shoe-Shop) - £20.37. (This is not paid until a month or two in arrears when the balance is £30 or more.)

Amazon (Tom Hark and items bought when people have clicked through NSC and bought other things) - £37.51. (However another 54 items to ship (of which most are Tom Hark and earn NSC 27p each).)

So please keep clicking, buying or donating if you can. NSC seems more popular than ever. Which is good, isn't it?

Last edited:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Thats a really interestring webpage you linked to ;)

What I find most interesting is the "top ten search phrases used" to find the website.

At No.6 ... stainless flatware called alexandra

Can someone explain ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
who is on here using RISC OS?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
When we click through the HMV thing for the Tom HArk cd but buy something else, does that count?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Bozza a question, Does posting images using the [ img ] tag add much to bandwidth? Or does'nt it matter as the actual image is located elsewhere on the 'net?
ta

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I must say I wasn't aware of the Amazon link for other goods. From now on I shall go through NSC.

Good idea to remind the users of this every now and then.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Barnet Seagull said:
bearing that in mind, can I amend my favourites to go to Amazon via NSC or do I have to visit this page first?

Can't find a straight through link to Amazon in their affiliate pages. However, bookmark any link (such as the Tom Hark one above) as a favourite and use that. You'll arrive at Tom Hark every time but then be able to search for whatever and any purchases will benefit NSC.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Robert Lester Zamora said:
Thats a really interestring webpage you linked to ;)

What I find most interesting is the "top ten search phrases used" to find the website.

At No.6 ... stainless flatware called alexandra

Can someone explain ???

i prefer this one...:

parking frimley green darts

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can affiliate to almost online retailer and all purchases made via NSC would earn about 5% or so.

The problem comes to providing all the links in a way that makes it easy for people to locate and use rather than just typing the URL/using a bookmark.

There are enough NSC users who no doubt do enough online shopping that affiliate links should be able to more than pay for NSC's running - it's just making it practical...

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
13,000 unique users in just 18 days! i feel part of something special.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bozza said:
I can affiliate to almost online retailer and all purchases made via NSC would earn about 5% or so.

The problem comes to providing all the links in a way that makes it easy for people to locate and use rather than just typing the URL/using a bookmark.

There are enough NSC users who no doubt do enough online shopping that affiliate links should be able to more than pay for NSC's running - it's just making it practical...

Is it worth having an NSC shopping page with all the links? That way when someone wants to buy anything they have a full range of online shops in one place and all earn money for NSC.

Dur .... try looking first ! :jester:

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll knock together a single thread with links to all the major e-tailers where, if clicking through, people will be earning commission for NSC.

If anyone uses any of the sites regularly and has them bookmarked then they could replace their bookmark with the NSC affiliated URL to ensure that NSC picks up a few pennies of every purchase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here