Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC EXCLUSIVE – Robin Cook MP Message Of Support For Falmer!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Beach Hut said:
The reason Cook left his wife was because he was having an affair with his secretary.

Blair demanded he make a decision so he did in an airport departure lounge and told his wife he was divorcing her.

Very honourable my arse

Wasn't it Cambell ? Blair wasn't running the country at the time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
As I stated before, the message says nothing about Falmer at all (unfortunately)

Well, dunno about that really, Yorkie. Maybe you had to BE there. Probably wouldn't stand up in court as being TECHNICALLY legally binding Falmer support. But I showed Robin Cook the Falmer flyer, told him about the march and how we needed John Prescott to give the go-ahead for Falmer and asked him if he'd be willing to write a message of support for the stadium. And, er, that's what he wrote. Don't know what else to say really.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What you reckon Thatcher's view on Falmer would have been ?

I think she have been for it and would have had no time for old school nimby conservatism. However I think she would have expected us to build it ourselves and required us to install an electric fence.

Or would she have seen us wither and die....

Any ideas ?

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
clapham_gull said:
Wasn't it Cambell ? Blair wasn't running the country at the time.

Probably actually Blair has never really run the country as such :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Well, dunno about that really, Yorkie. Maybe you had to BE there. Probably wouldn't stand up in court as being TECHNICALLY legally binding Falmer support. But I showed Robin Cook the Falmer flyer, told him about the march and how we needed John Prescott to give the go-ahead for Falmer and asked him if he'd be willing to write a message of support for the stadium. And, er, that's what he wrote. Don't know what else to say really.

I know what you are saying Tom.

Having met Norman Baker last week as a constituent he said 'Good luck with the stadium' What he meant was something totally different though :rolleyes:
He even had the cheek to say he enjoyed watching matches at Withdean and didn't want the Albion to die etc etc.

Politicians have the knack of saying something that means nothing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
He may be a bit of a shagger, but "Cock" Robin's book is very good. And he supports Falmer. Did you ask him to sign the EDM Tom H?

Sadly I did not. Completely forgot about the EDM. :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here