Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Crisis Support group

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The credit for this should go to Bozza, not me, it was his idea. I just set it up.

If people want anonymity, they can always set up a second account on NSC and a different name.

Life can be tough, it's 100 days today since I split up from my wife, and I have not seen my daughter since then, and at times you do have silly thoughts.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Excellent suggestion , just look at some of the threads from last year where individuals have received help and advice.

I think that would be the kiss of death for this idea. Many of the useful support threads have been posted spontaneously, and everyone has chipped in as part of everyday use of NSC. It shouldn't be put in a ghetto behind security gates. People can always create a new NSC username if they find it too personal.

Of course if a person wishes to come on NSC and share their experiences with us all that is the choice of that person alone but please remember that when dealing with addiction there are so many reasons why people get trapped and some of these are extremely personal which some might find upsetting whilst others could become rather judgemental of that person and not be able to understand why such things make people turn to pills/ drug addiction, drinking, eating disorders, self harming, sex addiction etc. The only person who can properly understands why others turn to addiction are other sufferers themselves in the way that one does not know what it feels like to stub one's toe or receive an electric shock unless they have done it themselves. For a person to start on the road to recovery that person MUST be extremely honest with themselves and not try and run away from the past or present and most importantly admit to themselves that they have a problem and be willing to go to any lengths to arrest it, so to speak. A person will never be cured of alcoholism or other forms of drug addiction, they will always be in recovery.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Of course if a person wishes to come on NSC and share their experiences with us all that is the choice of that person alone but please remember that when dealing with addiction there are so many reasons why people get trapped and some of these are extremely personal which some might find upsetting whilst others could become rather judgemental of that person and not be able to understand why such things make people turn to pills/ drug addiction, drinking, eating disorders, self harming, sex addiction etc. The only person who can properly understands why others turn to addiction are other sufferers themselves in the way that one does not know what it feels like to stub one's toe or receive an electric shock unless they have done it themselves. For a person to start on the road to recovery that person MUST be extremely honest with themselves and not try and run away from the past or present and most importantly admit to themselves that they have a problem and be willing to go to any lengths to arrest it, so to speak. A person will never be cured of alcoholism or other forms of drug addiction, they will always be in recovery.

While I don't disagree with any of that, I doubt this should be seen as anything but the first step - pointing people in the right direction to get real help if they need it. Plus some shared experiences. It's not going to cure any addicts!

Anybody posting personal details of another user should be banned.

While I don't disagree with any of that, I doubt this should be seen as anything but the first step - pointing people in the right direction to get real help if they need it. Plus some shared experiences. It's not going to cure any addicts!

Anybody posting personal details of another user should be banned.

Whilst lying in my bath at 13.00hrs, I thought the same as you. It could be a step in the right direction and offer some hope to those suffering.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Great idea, this should just be for pointers and peoples passed experiences.

Think there should be some local advice numbers posted in there.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The credit for this should go to Bozza, not me, it was his idea. I just set it up.

If people want anonymity, they can always set up a second account on NSC and a different name.

Life can be tough, it's 100 days today since I split up from my wife, and I have not seen my daughter since then, and at times you do have silly thoughts.

:( :kiss:

Enotalone does have great forums for this.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
There is an organisation in Brighton that gives support to families who have a substance user in their family called Patched.
It took me a long time to find any help and advice and they helped our family through the many issues from having a user in the family.
If anyone should need their helpline number. 0800 0854450.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Fantastic idea, El Presidente.

I've said to a lot of people that this forum isn't just about football, it's about life itself and dealing with issues. NSC is like a family, once in a while they'll be arguments but at the end of the day we all care about other posters and want to help each other out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here