Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Crisis Support group

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Quite a few people on NSC have had problems, relationship, addictions, depression, loneliness, illness and many others.

When people have posted their problems, we nearly always find that someone else on the board has been through a similar issue, and can offer advice, links, shared experiences and support. Whilst we all enjoy a good argument, binfest, and flounce, what is noticeable that a lot of people rally around and can be of benefit to the person going through a problem.

We have created in the community area NSC Crisis Support, so that threads on these issues can be created or transferred from the main board. It can be found here

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/group.php?groupid=45

Anyone taking the piss on that area will find themselves taking a long holiday from NSC.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Brilliant idea El Pres, it can be very hard for some people to talk face to face, so a section like this can be really helpful.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Smashing idea, El Pres.

It can be so much easier for some people to put their problems and worries on a message board rather speak face to face with someone, as we've seen on here recently, especially you blokes.

Make sure you come down like a ton of bricks on anyone that abuses it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Quite a few people on NSC have had problems, relationship, addictions, depression, loneliness, illness and many others.

When people have posted their problems, we nearly always find that someone else on the board has been through a similar issue, and can offer advice, links, shared experiences and support. Whilst we all enjoy a good argument, binfest, and flounce, what is noticeable that a lot of people rally around and can be of benefit to the person going through a problem.

We have created in the community area NSC Crisis Support, so that threads on these issues can be created or transferred from the main board. It can be found here

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/group.php?groupid=45

Anyone taking the piss on that area will find themselves taking a long holiday from NSC.

If we had a "Like" button on here, this would get lots of clicks!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Great idea (as a current person in crisis) Seriously though I think it can extend well beyond problems into a range of general help items, "how do I do this, "where can I get that" etc. It's the power of community, seen it work exceptionally well elsewhere

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good idea.

When I was going thru my divorce of 10 years ago now I also found the discussion forums on enotalone.com v v helpful.

It also has forums for all range of topics as well.

When dealing with those who are trying to recover from addictions the names of those MUST remain anonymous. A good idea. Anyone who is serious about giving up drinking for good can always PM me. I am a recovering alcoholic and have been dry for 18 years.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
When dealing with those who are trying to recover from addictions the names of those MUST remain anonymous. A good idea. Anyone who is serious about giving up drinking for good can always PM me. I am a recovering alcoholic and have been dry for 18 years.

That's rubbish. I'm in the same boat as you and I am perfectly free to break my own anonymity if I so choose, it's yours I'm not allowed to break.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I just hope it doesn't get over-populated just because the Albion lose a game of football

That's rubbish. I'm in the same boat as you and I am perfectly free to break my own anonymity if I so choose, it's yours I'm not allowed to break.

That is what I meant so may be I should have phrased it , the names those seeking help from NSC's crisis group should remain anonymous if that person so wishes . It would not be a good idea to band around the names of those in trouble. It might be a good idea not to have the crisis group on the general forum but operating it separately with sign in pass words. It initially sounds like a good idea but the question of anonymity could cause a problem. There are fellowships for dealing with addictions and their contact details are widely available.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Sounds like a great idea, but I'm unclear where it will sit within NSC.

If it's in a separate section, how much visibility / activity will there be? Or will threads be started as usual on the Big Board, then archived to the group if considered useful?

Can I suggest a sticky listing of useful web links?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
It might be a good idea not to have the crisis group on the general forum but operating it separately with sign in pass words.

I think that would be the kiss of death for this idea. Many of the useful support threads have been posted spontaneously, and everyone has chipped in as part of everyday use of NSC. It shouldn't be put in a ghetto behind security gates. People can always create a new NSC username if they find it too personal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NSC can be very caring and supportive as well as binfest central. Time will tell if it is better to have this in a seperate forum rather than the main board.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good idea. Shame it wasn't up and running last Tuesday, though the site would have crashed.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
When I read the thread title I thought this would be about support group for addiction to NSC itself, however this may not work if you have to discuss the problem on the site!
Good luck to anyone who wants to sort themselves out and change their life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here