Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC cool points

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What qualities/opinions do you need to have to be truly 'cool' on NSC? I reckon we could easily build up some identikit model poster - and then try and identify them. I know it's not me.

I'll start with: You have to hate the Daily Mail. I mean really loathe it. Even if you've never read it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You need to be able to ignore any mistakes, errors or poor performances from the players and look for anything else to blame rather than the players (extra cool points if it's the ref, or the quiet -i.e. less cool - fans at withdean)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So hating the daily mail is a pre-requisite for being cool even if you've never read it ? and you have the front to brand it's readers small minded :facepalm:

Jesus. The old irony-meter not working this morning? THAT'S THE FCUKING POINT.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
No hooliganism at football matches was ever actually reprehensible.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You clearly need to have visited the Falmer site. At least once.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
So hating the daily mail is a pre-requisite for being cool even if you've never read it ? and you have the front to brand it's readers small minded :facepalm:

blimey, are you having a bad day?

i've always thought you could post absolutely anything on here and manage to get into a row about it. and any thread that has turned into more than 3 pages always contains a row.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Your opinion on a player/manager will change depending on one of two things: whether we win, or the point you are trying to make

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No hooliganism at football matches was ever actually reprehensible.
Word.

And if you're of a certain age, you must quietly reminise over such "great" days when it wasn't safe to travel away or when you threw plastic chairs about and smashed up cafes in Oslo following England - even if nowadays you look like Roy Cropper's even SADDER brother and would impress absolutely no-one if you were talking about it in person.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Word.

And if you're of a certain age, you must quietly reminise over such "great" days when it wasn't safe to travel away or when you threw plastic chairs about and smashed up cafes in Oslo following England - even if nowadays you look like Roy Cropper's even SADDER brother and would impress absolutely no-one if you were talking about it in person.

Plus long lists of people with ridiculous names;

Tall Harry
Stan the Stabber
Frankie Oink
Pinko
Jimmy
Smalls
Bobby Tooth

and just generally paying tribute to them and such.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Being born under the West Pier (the "Grand Old Lady" if you're uber-cool), with a stick of Brighton Rock in yer gub, and with Alan Mullery and Peter Ward as midwives.

Yer nuthin if yer not that

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This is great stuff. So far our identikit cool NSC poster is a multi-faceted Independent-reading ex football hooligan who never criticises the team. Anyone in mind yet? Keep em coming.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can see two sides developing in this one :p

Be real world mates with Simster, Man of Harveys, Haans Kray fan Club and Kylies Stunt Arse and help them agree with each other's opinions.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
What qualities/opinions do you need to have to be truly 'cool' on NSC? I reckon we could easily build up some identikit model poster - and then try and identify them. I know it's not me.

I'll start with: You have to hate the Daily Mail. I mean really loathe it. Even if you've never read it.

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here