Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Chefs - Stuffed Baby Squid

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I saw someone do this on Come Dine With Me yesterday and want to replicate it. Does anyone have any experience with it and could they share a recipe?

Oh and where in Brighton can I source (fresh) baby squid? Does the fishmongers at the open market have it? Maybe the place by the fishing museum?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd rather have whole baby squid really, tenticles and all.

Will get the missus to check out the fishmongers, forgot about that one on St James's.

I'm stuffing em with minced pork I reckon.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Pop down and see Neil of the Kings Arches Fishmongers - the nearest one to the Honey Club. He should be able to sort you out.

I am afraid I don't have enough experience with Squid. The only time I have cooked it, I ended up popping the ink bag and overcooked it :(

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd rather have whole baby squid really, tenticles and all.

Will get the missus to check out the fishmongers, forgot about that one on St James's.

I'm stuffing em with minced pork I reckon.
Yowzah. Sounds good.

There's also a place out on Hove Lagoon, apparently. I haven't been there but it's a kind of hybrid shop/wholesale store, I'm led to believe. Perhaps someone else can help on that one...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yowzah. Sounds good.

There's also a place out on Hove Lagoon, apparently. I haven't been there but it's a kind of hybrid shop/wholesale store, I'm led to believe. Perhaps someone else can help on that one...

I think there is an outlet down there at the end of the harbour. Just behind the Adur pub, in front of Paul McCartneys house. It's not really a shop as such, if I recall - looks like part of the wharf, but there is a sign.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I only managed to catch the last 3 episodes of Come Dine with Me last night. It's a cracking show, do you reckon an NSC version would be possible? Not that I would be a suitable host; I can't cook or entertain and I don't live in Brighton, but other than that I reckon I'd be in with a shout for the grand.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I saw someone do this on Come Dine With Me yesterday and want to replicate it. Does anyone have any experience with it and could they share a recipe?

Oh and where in Brighton can I source (fresh) baby squid? Does the fishmongers at the open market have it? Maybe the place by the fishing museum?

I had a very nice stuffed baby squid in Berlin and they cooked some rice in the ink, added cream and served it on the side and it tasted amazing.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Easy Max - I've got a recipe for Squid stuffed with Black Pudding somewhere in a Jamie Oliver cookbook if that floats ya boat?

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
The place at Hove Lagoon is excellent, supply all the major decent resturants and may I suggest you stuff it with some Chorizo Sausage, works wonders

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
had a plate of this when i was serving in portugal. absolutely f***ing scruptious. it was their 'dish of the day' yummy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here