Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC celeb spotting thread

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So, in a Popbitch style, if you spot a famous person other than when they're performing etc, here's the place for it. Or not. Whatever.

Timothy Spall, this morning. The great man was looking much slimmer than I'd imagined but wearing a pair of those white summer trousers that actually made him look more like a fastidious painter and decorator rather than a chilled-out Mediterranean type.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I saw Tracey Beaker on the train to work last month. I also got called a dick by Shane Ritchie in safeways in Reigate too, I felt touched.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
David Beckham last week at RAF Brize Norton

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I saw Michael Fish coming out of Tesco in Eastbourne a few weeks ago I couldn't see what he'd purchased though.

My mum spoke to Nicholas Parsons in Aldi on London Road during the Brighton festival, he couldn't work out how to put the pound in to unlock the trolley.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
More detail needed on the Shane Rithchie incident!

I was in a hifi shop buying some speakers when I saw him and his missus (fit) through the window, I then walked down to Safeway where I saw him again. Quite loudly I said ‘look it’s Shane Ritchie’ a lot of passersby stopped to look , he glanced at me then mimicked me saying ‘look it’s Shane Ritchie, paused for a second then called me a dick.

I think I deserved it to be fair.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My Hero, Sir Geoffrey De Boycott. Yorks were thrashing some soft southern shandy drinking poofs at Hove and he was inviting whoever wanted to to bowl at him in the nets to the north of the main stand. There were about 5 of us youngsters bowling at him for around an hour.

I wonder if this happens with the players of today.

Other than that, some little bloke bashed me out of the way in the dark at the Brighton Centre many moons ago, and I pushed him back, knocking him over and it turned out to be Peter Gabriel making his way to the stage with a very powerful torch light pointing upwards.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Roman Pavlyuchenko at Bluewater a couple of months back, his mrs' was alright as well.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
John Cleese in my shop with his latest young lady. Approx 6 weeks ago. He bought Boer War books, she bought girlie trash books. Have credit card receipt to prove it!!

My Dad went to boarding school with John Cleese back in the 50's.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Towards the back end of April I bumped into John Hartson. Didn't think much of him before hand, but top bloke and f***ing legend what with everything he's gone through. :thumbsup:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
i was in a pub before a chelsea game , fairly pissed when i spotted damon albarn with phil daniels , i staggered over to phil daniels and loudly exclaimed ' phil daniels !!............. show us a card trick ' , it was funny at the time after 6 or 7 pints :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here