Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC betting game

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Somewhat belatedly, should we run this again for the remainder of this season? What say you?

If we do, one thing I would like to say is that you can never bet more than 50% of your pot on a single bet (unless you only have 1 remaining) in order to try and keep people in the game. People going 'all in', crashing out and then moaning/asking for more virtual cash got very weary.

Thinking about a bonus prize to the player with the longest streak of winning bets too, again to try and keep people interested and playing along.

Again, views welcome...

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Defiantly, was great fun last season and for the Euros. That's if you don't mind running it again?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
50% of your pot will mean you end up with loads of people with small amounts and no chance or winning... which is just as bad.

Maximum of 100 or 50% of your pot if that is higher... at least people can crash out in 4 rounds.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
50% of your pot will mean you end up with loads of people with small amounts and no chance or winning... which is just as bad.

Maximum of 100 or 50% of your pot if that is higher... at least people can crash out in 4 rounds.

The problem is that there is no way of enforcing this and a simple "maximum 50% of your bet may be bet" in bold on each market should hopefully catch the eye, and mean people stick to the rule. I'll still have to review the winning positions at the end of the season to ensure it was adhered too. A more complicated rule will become more difficult to review given the way this stuff is stored in tables that were not designed for such analysis.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Somewhat belatedly, should we run this again for the remainder of this season? What say you?

If we do, one thing I would like to say is that you can never bet more than 50% of your pot on a single bet (unless you only have 1 remaining) in order to try and keep people in the game. People going 'all in', crashing out and then moaning/asking for more virtual cash got very weary.

Thinking about a bonus prize to the player with the longest streak of winning bets too, again to try and keep people interested and playing along.

Again, views welcome...

Do it, I will take a more active role with regards assistance if required :thumbup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yes please Bozza. Our brilliant early season form caught a lot of us out last season, and meant I had blown most of my money quite early!

I like the idea of not being able to go all in, and the idea of the longest winning streak will keep people interested even if they don't have a huge amount of credits.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm in , lost all my vCash on that fateful night last September which went tits up after Vicente left the field.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here