Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Betting Game: Southampton (a) W/D/L

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who the hell has bet on Saints? What is the point of that? 1/2 you're getting 13 vCash back for that miserly 25 bet...Smart money has to be on the long odds shirley!?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my 1k has gone on the Albion hope they don't make me look to silly

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Who the hell has bet on Saints? What is the point of that? 1/2 you're getting 13 vCash back for that miserly 25 bet...Smart money has to be on the long odds shirley!?

Because until recently I either betted with the heart or the odds and nearly lost everything. I now bet with the head and at least still have some money !!!!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe because it's the most likely way to actually make money from this bet!

I was more referring to the return rather than the most likely outcome. 5 won for every 10 bet doesn't seem good value to me in a game where anything can happen. I'd rather take the risk of putting 10 on Brighton to win exactly the same amount as if I put 120 on Saints.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I was more referring to the return rather than the most likely outcome. 5 won for every 10 bet doesn't seem good value to me in a game where anything can happen. I'd rather take the risk of putting 10 on Brighton to win exactly the same amount as if I put 120 on Saints.

Fair enough, but the odds are stacked like that for a reason as it's the most likely result. I see what you mean about the difference in value though

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
We were 19/2 to beat Chelsea, they lost the plot and we beat the scum 1-0.
Since then, they've beaten Blackburn away and lost to Arsenal in the league, beat Everton in the Carling Cup and drew 1-1 with Genk and Terry is facing investigations by the police and FA. It doesn't get much better than that!

Southampton will lose at home at some point ... Remember the win away at Forest when they hadn't lost for how long? I've gone for the away win - a great price.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
283 on a Brighton win. CONFIDENT.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Lot of optimism here.

Can any of the mods confirm whether there's been any games where the majority of NSCers have lumped on AGAINST an Albion win? Just interested

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Brighton Win, No question about it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who the hell has bet on Saints? What is the point of that? 1/2
I think they've won 17 home games on the trot, 1/2 doesn't seem that poor value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here