Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Betting Game: Albion v Liverpool (W/D/L)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
0.62? Should that not be 1.62? You can't get less than 1 shirley?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The decimilisation of the odds don't include your stake. If you put £13 on an 8/13 chance, you win £8 and get £21 back altogether.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
The decimilisation of the odds don't include your stake. If you put £13 on an 8/13 chance, you win £8 and get £21 back altogether.

Hate to call you on this Ninja, but decimilised odds do indeed include the stake.

In the example shown, 8/13 would be translated as 1.62, as opposed to 0.62. ( The 0.62 relates to the percentage chance that the bookie reckons of the outcome happening. )

Therefore the 1 represents your stake, and the 0.62 the odds.

If you bet £10 at 1.62, your return will be £16.20, including your £10 stake.

Decimilised odds always add the 1, to include the stake.

For example, if you bet at 8.0 in decimilsed, you are actually betting at 7 to 1, because it includes the stake.

Mind you, I had 3 math teachers, and didn't like either of them.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hate to call you on this Ninja, but decimilised odds do indeed include the stake.

In the example shown, 8/13 would be translated as 1.62, as opposed to 0.62. ( The 0.62 relates to the percentage chance that the bookie reckons of the outcome happening. )

For example, if you bet at 8.0 in decimilsed, you are actually betting at 7 to 1, because it includes the stake.

Good job I don't do any settling in a bookies. :jester:

You are right though, I used the wrong term. Fractions and decimals, it's all the same!...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
One really does not approve of decimal odds, if people are too stupid to understand fractions then they are better off not gambling.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
One really does not approve of decimal odds, if people are too stupid to understand fractions then they are better off not gambling.

Ah the age old argument, my way is better and anyone who disagrees is stupid / the devil / a witch.

Maybe there are people who understand fractions fine, but find it easier to convert using a decimal equation for whatever reason.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

You may not have liked them, but it's your English teachers that let you down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Eight losing bets in a row... my last $100 are on Liverpool :laugh:
Given that we've won most of our games, I guess that means you haven't been betting on us. And you're doing the same today. Maybe we can get a result after all.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There seems to be a lot of SUPPORTERS betting against Brighton. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here