Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC being busy / the new server [Merged]

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is being caused by Les cracking one off in front of his computer screen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've turned off the generation of 'server busy' messages. So it will either live or die completely...

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I've turned off the generation of 'server busy' messages. So it will either live or die completely...
One way to solve it. You don't work in software development to you? That was the reply I got to a defect once.

Me = "Error message xxx created when scenraio performed"
Dev = "Error message deleted"
Project Manager = "Does that really solve the problem? Returned to Dev to fix cause not remove effect."

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Where does it show the number of people on line?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I do work in software development, yes.

To be honest, I'm interested to see where the break point is on this new server, so by turning off the 'server busy' messages when the server load reaches a certain peak, it will mean the server keeps trying to, errrrrm, serve.

It may break or, hopefully, it will keep up. There was a big spike a few minutes ago - no idea why, but things have calmed now. Even if I turned 'server busy' back on, no-one would be seeing it right now.

I've just found a modification I can make that will mean that 'server busy' only gets generated for unregistered users. Users who are logged in members won't get to see it at all. I'll install it and give it a go.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
355 viewing.........

Is there a national strike or something???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here