IRELAND by 30

ENGLAND by 12

FRANCE by 3

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Ireland's Six Nations game against Italy in Dublin on 7th March has been postponed because of coronavirus. IRFU released a statement that read "We will immediately begin to work with our Six Nations partners to look at the possibility of rescheduling the matches and would hope to have an update on this in the coming days".

In 2001, Ireland's Six Nations fixtures against the home nations were postponed until September and October because of the outbreak of foot and mouth disease. If a similar situation arises with the Italian matches then this competition will be running for quite a while!

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's a shame with me leading the way but if the tournament becomes null and void, Brighton Bear, I just have to accept it disappointly and magnanimously.

Same with William Hill. Surely have to return stakes on the outright winner. Ireland in my case.

Can't have it both ways.

The Brighton Bear

NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
That's a shame with me leading the way but if the tournament becomes null and void, Brighton Bear, I just have to accept it disappointly and magnanimously.

Same with William Hill. Surely have to return stakes on the outright winner. Ireland in my case.

Can't have it both ways.

This competition will have a final result whatever happens to the Six Nations tournament. As this competition is scored on a match-by-match basis then even if the tournament was cancelled today there would still be a winner, you in this case!

The likely situation will probably be, as I stated earlier, in that the Italian matches will be played later this year and in that case they would still count as part of this competition.

The Brighton Bear

NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Six Nations organisers say Ireland v Italy remains the only postponed fixture this weekend after a meeting to address the coronavirus outbreak.

England v Wales and Scotland v France are set to go ahead.

The statement added that organisers intend all remaining games in the championship to be played but would not make rescheduling announcements for postponed games yet as they "keep assessing the situation".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
England by 15
Scotland by 3

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
England are a bit shit at the moment as they are at Home should do it by 7 pts
France will rip the Sweaties a new one with any luck, at least 21pts I reckon.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Well Italy England to be played behind closed doors...don’t recall one of those happening before

It's officially been postponed!

The whole tournament is now thrown into chaos if France lose to Scotland on Sunday. However, if their Paris finale goes ahead against the Orish and they win the Grand Slam, then there doesn't seem much point in playing the two outstanding games left from the tournament.

I'd like to win this tipping competition by all fair means, especially as the Italy matches are the hardest to predict with them either playing well (against France) or crap (against Wales and Scotland).

The Brighton Bear

NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
England's Six Nations game against Italy on 14th March has been postponed because of the coronavirus outbreak.

The contest will be played at "a later date" say organisers.

"Six Nations fully intends to complete all 15 games in all three championships when time allows," they added.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here