Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now you can give Andy Naylor The Friday Inquisition! [Merged]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Merged. Not sure why John left the need to post exactly the same again.

That's a lie of course. His Argus email address reveals why.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
That, is just plain bollocks - there is no need to lie in order to justify a dislike for someone.

Naylor DOES report the successes.

He can be negative at times - but his job is to sell papers, not to follow the clubs line on everything.

Good call WW. Couldn't agree more. I like his stuff. He tells it as it is, which is his fcuking job.

He is a journalist not a fcuking cheerleader. I think a lot of the negative stuff written on here about AN is uncalled for.

If you have an Albion fan and not a Stoke fan or whatever reporting on the Albion you are not going to get balanced coverage. I can't ever remember seeing a typo in one of his pieces, never mind a factual error and generally I think the articles are well written.

Ends item

Lordy

Mar 26, 2008
Good call WW. Couldn't agree more. I like his stuff. He tells it as it is, which is his fcuking job.

He is a journalist not a fcuking cheerleader. I think a lot of the negative stuff written on here about AN is uncalled for.

If you have an Albion fan and not a Stoke fan or whatever reporting on the Albion you are not going to get balanced coverage. I can't ever remember seeing a typo in one of his pieces, never mind a factual error and generally I think the articles are well written.

Ends item

I agree. I generally find his articles balanced: assigning praise and blame where it is due. I don't always agree with his comments, esp those explicitly written to invite comment. But I certainly don't understand the level of fury he inspires. And so what if he supports Stoke. What do we want? An Albion/DK mouthpiece? I get back home every Sat/Sun/Wed eve and find a well subbed, critical and readable account by someone who seems actually to have watched the game I saw. That's good enough for me (and more than many of our opponents get; believe me, I've checked).

I know this isn't a popular opinion, so please don't hurt me!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have absolutely no problem with Naylor. Some of his so-called "negativity" gets blown out of all proportion. If he was writing outright bullshit then he'd be fair game, but I've not seen any. Usually seems pretty balanced to me, unless I really am missing something.

If anyone can point me towards a specific article or a link where Naylor has clearly been a twat, I'd be interested.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I was reading his report in the sports Argus and it occurred to me Naylor's big problem is he doesn't lie he just uses a lot of negative language, sometimes unnecessarily.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Andy...........Angel Delight, which flavour?

BTW, he is okay, used to live a few doors down from me

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What's more fun to write about - promotion, or 'crisis'?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Andy - what do you feel you have to do to make it to the big time?

He's still got a job I'd give my left bollock to do.

If anyone particularly wanted my left bollock that is. I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the other one.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I honestly don't think you would enjoy it on a 24/7 basis. Within days you would be confronted with the inevitable conflict between 'doing your journo job properly', and 'doing right by the club you support'. You'd either be pissing off your editor (fairly major), or Knight and large swathes of Brighton fans who are your mates (socially tricky).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I honestly don't think you would enjoy it on a 24/7 basis. Within days you would be confronted with the inevitable conflict between 'doing your journo job properly', and 'doing right by the club you support'. You'd either be pissing off your editor (fairly major), or Knight and large swathes of Brighton fans who are your mates (socially tricky).

Meh. I've got a thick enough hide.
Although I am also quite thick, which could be a drawback.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Andy........who is your favourite Barry??

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

If anyone particularly wanted my left bollock that is. I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the other one.

I lost my left bollock to testicular cancer in 1993 so I would be grateful for it if you no longer need it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here