Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now This Must be a Rubbish Film

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I saw it last year and thought it was fantastic actually, not seen the original so I've not got that to compare it to I suppose. Nonetheless, well worth a watch

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Saw it at the cinema, possible worst film I've paid to watch

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They shifted the timeline , didn't film it on location in Brighton , what more do you want ?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I saw the original because I was an extra [unpaid] sitting on the bus that picked up Attenborough outside Brighton Station,thoroughly enjoyed the film,when i learnt that the latest film was shot in Eastbourne and read a number of critics poor reviews i decided not to see it at a cinema but will give it a look on TV.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I saw the original because I was an extra [unpaid] sitting on the bus that picked up Attenborough outside Brighton Station,thoroughly enjoyed the film,when i learnt that the latest film was shot in Eastbourne and read a number of critics poor reviews i decided not to see it at a cinema but will give it a look on TV.

Jeez how old were you...my Dad was an extra in that film as a paid extra with the crowd at the racecourse...I was there watching the filming and spoke to Richard Attenborough...that was 1947 (your first Albion match)....and I'm 73 now

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The locations were a mish mash skipping from Eastbourne to Brighton and back again , some scenes didn't look like either so was Worthing used as well ? Seven Sisters was in one shot with the next being near Belle Tout lighthouse.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
The locations were a mish mash skipping from Eastbourne to Brighton and back again , some scenes didn't look like either so was Worthing used as well ? Seven Sisters was in one shot with the next being near Belle Tout lighthouse.

This is always a tad annoying when you know the area, skins and Bristol is a nightmare for it. the kids cross college green in the city centre to go to Filton College 5 miles away....

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Well I thoroughly enjoyed it. And the ending was really good with the scratched record.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I can often find things in even the most dire films to enjoy. In Eastbourne Rock there was nothing. Separate the Mod thing from it, most of that was wrong. ( I was there.) Even the Brighton Rock side missed the point, they tried to squeeze some of Graham Green's Catholic angst in at the end, after ignoring it as the point of the story for most of the film. Dreadful!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I knew it had poor reviews but so wanted to enjoy it.

Sadly dissapointed and kept flicking over to MoTD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here