Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now this guy really is a loony.(Hugo Chavez Watch)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Chavez calls for ban on Halloween

Mr Chavez said the US had a culture of spreading fear
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has urged families not to mark Halloween, calling it a US custom alien to the South American nation.
"Families go and begin to disguise their children as witches. This is contrary to our way," Mr Chavez said during his weekly radio and TV show.

He also said Halloween was a "game of terror", the AP news agency reported.

Mr Chavez is known as a fierce critic of the US government and President George W Bush personally.

Halloween is marked by children dressing up in scarey costumes
The president recently described the Bush administration as a terrorist government.

Mr Chavez said Halloween was part of the US culture of "putting fear into other nations, putting fear into their own people".

He did not refer to incidents earlier this month when lanterns made from hollowed pumpkins carrying anti-government messages appeared in several places in the capital, Caracas

Halloween, a pagan festival characterised by mischiefmaking, is marked every year on 31 October.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4391166.stm

He's becoming my favourite nutjob politician, I haven't laughed so much since Dan Quail was Vice President.:lolol:

Last edited:

Looney, you Yankee arselicker - you'll be having us celebrate Thanksgiving Day next and frogmarching schoolkids to a "prom" :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I thought this thread was gonna be about solid gold Hugo Chavez watches

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
So Chavez is a 'looney' for spending his country's oil revenue on literacy, health and housing for the people rather than fleets of massive yachts/the occasional bit of Al Qaeda sponsorship (Saudi etc) or overpriced prima donna footballers (Abramovich)

Wind up! Wind up!

Halloween is boring Yank tosh and we should ignore it. Good Dead Kennedys song though!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Looney, you Yankee arselicker - you'll be having us celebrate Thanksgiving Day next and frogmarching schoolkids to a "prom" :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yea and you'd better learn to play gridiron or you'll be first against the Wall.:lolol:

I actually dont like Halloween, I was not defending it. I was laughing at the over reaction to it.

I beleive in Freedom of choice, you all dont, so its easy to asume I have some bi-polar beleif system which you all exibit.

Wonder what the BBC is putting on about Nov 5 seeing its the 400th aniversary of Guy Fawkes.

Oh something about Sexual Politics and the Holocaust on BBC 2.

Well what do you expect?

Surely if I'm not allowed to celibrate my own Culture I can choose? Haloween maybe?:lolol:

Or that leftist invention of Kwazee. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
looney said:

Surely if I'm not allowed to celibrate my own Culture I can choose? Haloween maybe?:lolol:

:

Don't know about you but I will be celebrating my culture with several other thousand people in Lewes on the 5th.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
isnt halloween a pagan festival and therefore english as opposed to american

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Dandyman said:
Don't know about you but I will be celebrating my culture with several other thousand people in Lewes on the 5th.

ssssshhhhh you'll spoil Looney's fantasy world where he's not allowed to do or say anything he wants to.

Dandyman

In London village.
Richard Whiteley said:
ssssshhhhh you'll spoil Looney's fantasy world where he's not allowed to do or say anything he wants to.

But those evil PC feminazi social workers make him eat his greens and force him to go to bed by 9.00 and EVERYTHING.

:lolol:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Dandyman said:

Good, If I see you I'll set you on fire.

I was just questioning the BBC's status as a so called public Service broadcaster.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Eggmundo said:
Will somebody pleeeeeease think of the children.

You want me to set them on fire to? Your sick you are you should be banned.:angry:

Dandyman

In London village.
looney said:
Good, If I see you I'll set you on fire.

I was just questioning the BBC's status as a so called public Service broadcaster.

:D

To be fair there have been a number of radio and TV broadcasts from Lewes over the years. One of my favourite 'teen memories is the mass chanting of "Peter Purvis is a wanker" for the viewing masses back in about '77 or '78.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yea but these days the BBC would rather show the Bongobongo tribe circumcise their adolescent males with jagged rocks.

Or some pro-Islam puff on how they invented such and such which they actually stole when they invaded some country or other. Usually Gengis Khan, which btw the BBC run a doc on his conquests without mentioning Islam once, or that he slaughtered the population of Peking because they refused to convert.

Oh well at least I'll miss another repeated hour of Arrrshvitz and other trite unoriganal crap these bunch of Gaurdian recruited and brainwashed clowns wish to pump out.

The tories will sort em out this time, trust me on that.

looney said:
Yea but these days the BBC would rather show the Bongobongo tribe circumcise their adolescent males with jagged rocks.

Or some pro-Islam puff on how they invented such and such which they actually stole when they invaded some country or other. Usually Gengis Khan, which btw the BBC run a doc on his conquests without mentioning Islam once, or that he slaughtered the population of Peking because they refused to convert.

Oh well at least I'll miss another repeated hour of Arrrshvitz and other trite unoriganal crap these bunch of Gaurdian recruited and brainwashed clowns wish to pump out.

The tories will sort em out this time, trust me on that.

The Gaurdian? Is that the in house paper of the Irish police or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here