Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now then, Shola Ameobi...

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
This is the sort of player we could do with to partner CMS up front. Imagine the chances that CMS would have in a match! He might even tuck away a couple :drool:

A younger, cheaper version would be top-drawer.

Any other Albion scouts have ideas of players that would fit the bill?

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
I agree with those who thought Ameobi looked a handful. I'd welcome him here any day. He was a great target man, has good close control, is strong and won almost every header he contested. Greer and Dunk wont come up against a better forward than him. I'd love to see him playing alongside CMS.
I reckon he'd score a hatfull in The Championship and provide CMS with some too.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I agree with those who thought Ameobi looked a handful. I'd welcome him here any day. He was a great target man, has good close control, is strong and won almost every header he contested. Greer and Dunk wont come up against a better forward than him. I'd love to see him playing alongside CMS.
I reckon he'd score a hatfull in The Championship and provide CMS with some too.

Good grief. He was shit. What's with the Shola love in? He won some headers. Perhaps he should be a defender because they were of no use whatsoever in an attacking sense. Let's see what The Newcastle fans thought.....

For real absolute trash even the commentators where talking... "Look how static he is, absolutely the easiest player in the park to mark at this stage in the game"

No goals in the last how many starts, no work off the ball, complains to much. If this is the embodiment of the Toon, then our standards are truly Sh*t.

Shola OUT!

The man has definitely reached a new low. Lazy gormless bone idle bar steward. Should be released as quick as humanely possible.

Crosses were going in and he made no f***ing effort to get in front of his man, ever. Even in the 92nd minute when a corner went in.

I'm not making him the scapegoat, he was just f***ing sh***.

He's a burden, he loses the ball and walks back and when we do attack he's usually behind those attacking instead of attempting to get inside the box.

He's absolute rubbish.

I hated him before because of his lethargic movement but yesterday took the biscuit. Does he suck managers cocks or something as they all seem to like him. His short passes yesterday were too slow and he kept losing the ball, made no effort to get in front of defenders, i can't remember him heading the ball in the box.......absolute garbage.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He won every ball that he went for, both in the air and on the ground, but had no back up to lay it off to unlike if he was playing for us he would have CMS. The problem as I see it is that although Barnes had a good game yesterday him and CMS play too far apart and dont link up as a striking pair.

I agree with that but it isn't Barnes' fault - the way they currently play is down Gus and is a response to our weakness defensively down the flanks

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
He won every ball that he went for, both in the air and on the ground, but had no back up to lay it off to unlike if he was playing for us he would have CMS. The problem as I see it is that although Barnes had a good game yesterday him and CMS play too far apart and dont link up as a striking pair.

Bloody hell you`ve posted something that i agree with:lolol::lolol::lolol::albion2::albion2:Doubt if Tony has made the funds required available though.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I thought Ameobi was poor yesterday.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I started the game MOCKING him. Literally LAUGHING at the prospect of watching him.

He.proved.me.wrong

Great performance. strong, mobile and played for his team. I've been converted to the church of Shola

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
More chance of signing Shola Ama. Could partner lonely CMS, no problem.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here