Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now then, Shola Ameobi...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Pardew said he wanted to let him go this window and I think he's shown tonight, despite being on the losing side, just how good he'd be at Championship level.

No offence Vokes, but Gus, use your last bit of cash and revenue from the TV and get this lad in, I reckon we could bag him for 1mil now Cisse is there!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Their fans don't seem to rate him so perhaps taking his wages off their books would be enough to tempt them. Maybe with some money if we get promoted and a sell on % but free upfront

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
I'd take Shola In the team. Would be usefull. As said In the thread. Newci fans don't like him It would seam. So what stopping him

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Never rated him but only ever seen him on telly.looked good today but never threatened our goal.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Shola is bit like a stature. Does not run around at all. Easy to defend against if they hoof it to him.

Pardew said he wanted to let him go this window and I think he's shown tonight, despite being on the losing side, just how good he'd be at Championship level.

No offence Vokes, but Gus, use your last bit of cash and revenue from the TV and get this lad in, I reckon we could bag him for 1mil now Cisse is there!

30 years old so hardly a lad and not going to get any better unlike Vokes who is 22 - no thanks.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He won pretty much every header he went for, held the ball up and went round dunk a couple of times. Seemed one of their best players on the night.
The geordies really don't rate him - It may not help with the wages but two of them offered to pick him up and move all his stuff down for free if we'd take him off their hands.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If you go by the postings on the NU Blog their fans hate him, mainly because they think he's slow and lazy.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
f***ing hell, people moan about Barnes then want to sign that useless immobile lump of shit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He won every ball that he went for, both in the air and on the ground, but had no back up to lay it off to unlike if he was playing for us he would have CMS. The problem as I see it is that although Barnes had a good game yesterday him and CMS play too far apart and dont link up as a striking pair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here