Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now, listen up you kids - We need bums on seats

D

Deleted User X18H

..as per other threads if LDC(UNTS) are able to take this to a full Judicial review to challenge Prescotts decision it may very well be that another Minister has to look at the application and what is the specific reason we need another stadium INCREASED REVENUE so the reasoning is Brighton and Hove Albion need a larger stadium because they only have room for 9000 approx fans at their current temporary home but at the moment they hardly fill all those seats......Alarm Bells ring. So you NSC menbers who don't go to Withdean on a regular basis becuase you might get wet / can't stand the atmosphere/Bovril dosn't taste right etc forget that and your other selfish views, reinforce our need for a stadium lets sell out the Withers evety home game invite friends or relations along even Neighbours lets secure a succesful furture for our club ......that my fellow NCER'S is all.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Could let the empty seats go for £1 at least it might improve the atmosphere, encourga ethe kids in thats what we need a new young life blood to secure the future all the old boys and old timers are very good steady revenue but we need to get round teh schools doling out free tickets. How many kids do we loose to teh big London clubs and god for bid even Pompey and Palace.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I dont know any kids that dont support Chelsea.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Rougvie said:
I dont know any kids that dont support Chelsea.

:lolol:

Huddersfield town centr eon a saturday afternoon looks like a suburb of west london

my next door neighbours lad must be about 10 and he wears a chelsea top, gave him a bit of playful stick about how i should support Chelsea more as i'm from nearer London :lolol:

No different from wheni was at school age about 10 in 85 86 it was all Liverpool or Everton as they were the two teams winning the league. I plumped for teh blue half of mersey i afraid to say. 4 england internationals in that everton team then though.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I took my brothers kids last season (both Chelsea fans) to a game we actually won, they liked Leon Knight but that was about it, everytime I mention going again there are mutterings of Go-Karting or some other excuse, I cant be arsed trying to convert as at the end of the day its up to them to decide how they want to spend their time.

D

Deleted User X18H

This typical of the I won't go to Withdean Brigade on here:bounce: :bounce:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
hove born&bred said:

What a load of crap.

Maybe, just maybe some people have more important priorities like mortgages and families.

Football has taken precedence over those 2 things for me for years but now it can take a back seat.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
hove born&bred said:

I go to Withdean, but I wont persuade or force anyone else to go there.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
gerbil said:
What a load of crap.

Maybe, just maybe some people have more important priorities like mortgages and families.

Football has taken precedence over those 2 things for me for years but now it can take a back seat.

:clap:

I try and get to one home match a month, with wife, daughter and daughters friend

My daughter has become a fan since she has come with us and her friend has been coming this season and wants to go every time we go now (god knows why though, she's only seen one win
:D )

Maybe Mr HB&B should offer a subsidy to all these fans he's moaning about, after all he's always telling us how great he is to be able to afford to live in Brighton

D

Deleted User X18H

gerbil said:
What a load of crap.

Er I have a mortgage and a family .............

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
gazwag said:
:clap:

My daughter has become a fan since she has come with us and her friend has been coming this season and wants to go every time we go now

Cue a million posts of innuendo, which are all (well, most) retracted when you inform us that your daughter and her friend are 12 years old!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
hove born&bred said:

So do I and I had a season ticket this season.

I'm not renewing it as I can't justify the expense anymore.
Especially with the crap that is being served up. I've got better things to spend my money on.

As was posted above will you be offering a susidy to all of us that can't justify the expense?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
hove born&bred said:

Not sure costs come into it, I can easily afford to go, but occasionally I like to play golf, or just have a day with my family, or even grab a nice big cheque for an overtime day.

There are LOADS of reasons that people dont go anymore.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
If i were to go to every game at withdean it would me the price of the season ticket , which in my opinion is a bloody rip off anyway when facilities are taken into account 23 trips up and down teh M1 each year at £60 a pop in petrol. Food drink on top, Grief of the missus and i'd miss my little lad who coming up for two years old.

And for what to sit in a piss poor excuse for a stadium get frigging pissed on to see 11 blokes with about as much nouce as the clown in charge of them give the ball away 1500 time s a game and end up losing more often than not. In an atmosphere which is only slightly more jolly than your average funeral.

I know you support a team through thick and thin but the cost cannot be justified.

Odd away games far more fun and the majority who travel seem to have a good time although recently i beg to differ.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
To add to teh above i think alot of supporters have "A time" shall we say when you go to nearly every game for a couple of year sthen drift away maybe renewing intrest down the line. from 18 to 21 i would regualary go home and away but then other things became priorities - That's just life.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
the full harris said:
Cue a million posts of innuendo, which are all (well, most) retracted when you inform us that your daughter and her friend are 12 years old!

:D

You are quite correct they are 12 - How did you know :glare: :D

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
the full harris said:
You FORCED me to go THERE in the gents though :(

You love it JAMES, I hope you are keeping good care of the BAT for the forthcoming season???

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
gerbil said:
What a load of crap.

That's pretty much me too, I had a season ticket at Withdean for the first 5 years, then I had kids, now I have 3 kids under 3, and find it hard to do anything for myself.

I will go to the occasional game, but for the first time in my life, I've got more to think about than just myself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here