Now I'm excited. I'm about to eat the greatest ever sweet

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
nail-Z-gull said:
Sweet Peanuts for me...

sweetpeanutspascalls2.jpg

Available HERE (as are just about any other sweet you can think of)

OMG !!!!!!!!!

they were amazing :drool:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
cant remember the name but going back 20 odd years,their used to be a bar caramel in middle then basicaly covered in peanuts,was it calleed nutty,im not sure but they were lush

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Didn't even know Texan bar had made a comeback. Yes Star Bars were ace. On more recent choccy:

1. Caramac (or is it Caramel?) is surely the most tasty chocolate bar known to man (although far too thin) so why can you buy them in so few shops?

2. Whatever happened to Whispas/Whispa Gold?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
empire said:
cant remember the name but going back 20 odd years,their used to be a bar caramel in middle then basicaly covered in peanuts,was it calleed nutty,im not sure but they were lush
Semi transparent wrapper yeah?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Cheeky Monkey said:

2. Whatever happened to Whispas/Whispa Gold?

Cadbury phased them out in a rebranding exercise to bring everything under the Dairy Milk moniker. They now exist as Dairy Milk bubbly (I think) although it is widely agreed that they are no substitute for the original Whispa.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Maltesers by a mile...

whatver happened to Nestle' Secret? It was a moussey foam type stuff in the middle wrapped in a flake like texture

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Stst Brother said:
just popped out to buy a paper & there on the counter was a display of TEXAN bars. Purely out of habit I brought one, only on the way home did I realise the massive consequences of this act.

The habit was all conquering about 25 years ago, I have not seen or heard of them since.
These to me were the buisness, forget Spangles, forget Pacers, forget even Space Dust (even though swallowing a whole packet & drinking a can of Coke straight down would kill you, honest).
In my formative pre teen years, Texan's were my life.
The cool cowboy walking off into the sunset, on the advert, would just make me want one even more.

But what a dilemma, what if I'm disapointed, what if it can't live up to my memories. As I look at it now it's smaller, I remember them being 3 foot long. The packet doesn't seem as orange, & there's an advert over it.

Do I eat it & hope it's as good as it ever was. Or do I not cheaper the memories, by going back.
Can life get any better.........Beating Palarse away, going to get the nod for a new stadium, and now, the icing on the cake, TEXAN BARS are back..............:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Re: Re: Now I'm excited. I'm about to eat the greatest ever sweet

bakesy said:
Can life get any better.........Beating Palarse away, going to get the nod for a new stadium, and now, the icing on the cake, TEXAN BARS are back..............:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

All part of life's rich tapestry

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Cheeky Monkey said:
1. Caramac (or is it Caramel?) is surely the most tasty chocolate bar known to man (although far too thin) so why can you buy them in so few shops?

Hate it, but I love the name. Caramac.

CARAMAC.

CaraMAC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here