Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now I'm excited. I'm about to eat the greatest ever sweet

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
just popped out to buy a paper & there on the counter was a display of TEXAN bars. Purely out of habit I brought one, only on the way home did I realise the massive consequences of this act.

The habit was all conquering about 25 years ago, I have not seen or heard of them since.
These to me were the buisness, forget Spangles, forget Pacers, forget even Space Dust (even though swallowing a whole packet & drinking a can of Coke straight down would kill you, honest).
In my formative pre teen years, Texan's were my life.
The cool cowboy walking off into the sunset, on the advert, would just make me want one even more.

But what a dilemma, what if I'm disapointed, what if it can't live up to my memories. As I look at it now it's smaller, I remember them being 3 foot long. The packet doesn't seem as orange, & there's an advert over it.

Do I eat it & hope it's as good as it ever was. Or do I not cheaper the memories, by going back.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
it's just as good as I remember.

Need to find a STARBAR as well now, I know they're out there somewhere

I had a Curly Wurly the other day and was disgusted to find that they've shrunk! I distinctly remember them being as long as my forearm, and being able to put my finger through the holes. :angry:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Texans are alot smaller and softer than what they used to be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stinky Kat said:
Texans took about to hours to eat in a single sitting

In time honoured fashion, I'm currently warming it in my pocket.
That seemed a lot more innocent when I was 8.!!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Just eaten one and they are bloody gorgeous....Not as big as they used to be but maybe that's just the "Wagon Wheel" syndrome kicking in.
Who remembers the round thing covered in peanuts that used to come in a semi clear wrapper???

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
BHA links said:
it's just as good as I remember.

Need to find a STARBAR as well now, I know they're out there somewhere

You can buy a huge box of Starbar at Costco.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
texan.jpg

It came up with some very unusual images when I typed in "Texan Bar" :yawn:

Eggmundo said:

Who remembers the round thing covered in peanuts that used to come in a semi clear wrapper???

Sounds like the big turd I once saw washed up on the beach wrapped in a used condom. Was it tasty?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
If you remember, Texans were banned because they had too many e numbers in them & that the dental association was up in arms because of all the broken teeth...............Texans ROCKED :cool:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Richie Morris said:
For me it was those hamburger flavoured crisps, I think they were called Quarterbacks.

Them and irn bru bars.

You can still buy them. I brought a pack the other day from Spar.

My all time best sweet as to be WISPA. The new Bubbly is just not the same. Areo though close as the holes to small.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The deed is done. I have eaten my 1st Texan bar for 25 yrs.
It's all come rushing back to me, once the chocolate was gone & I was left chewing the centre, it reminded me just how much I loved them. BUT:-

way too short
way too thin
way too soft
all over in 3 mouthfuls

(At least there's no double en tende's (sp))

The taste does remain as good as I remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here