Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] November internationals

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Karbo is injured but would be with the u21s anyway. Ferguson picked for Ireland u21 (Moran isn't). Leonard for Scotland u21s. Scherpen for the Dutch u21s. Weir for England u20s, no Sturge and Emmerson for the u18s this time round though. Nilsson for Sweden u19s.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
First call up for Ulrick Ella for Gabon full international team as well!

Could follow Viktor Gyökeres in playing international football before playing a league game for us. Infact Ella would go one better as he'd never even played in our first team where as Viktor had made a few cup appearances when he played his first international game in 2019.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Have I missed something about Maupay? How does he qualify for Argentina?

Who's that man from Argentina?
Who's that man we all adore?
Well his name is Neal Maupay
He's as Argie as Marseille
And we won't mention Murray anymore!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Karbo is injured but would be with the u21s anyway. Ferguson picked for Ireland u21 (Moran isn't). Leonard for Scotland u21s. Scherpen for the Dutch u21s. Weir for England u20s, no Sturge and Emmerson for the u18s this time round though. Nilsson for Sweden u19s.

I don't see Weir's name in the England U-20 squad :shrug:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Albania and San Marino games with a squad lacking any inspirational new faces. Can’t tell you how thrilled I am that this means no Albion games whilst we play these MASSIVE qualification games

Shocked not to see a thread started by Crodo wetting himself in excitement :lolol:

I worry about injuries to key players seeing as we have so many players involved.

I’m going in for a minor op on Friday. Thought ‘that’s ok, good excuse to sit on my arse and watch football all weekend’. You can imagine my delight when I realised it was an international break…

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Weird mis-read on my part there, thank you.

Strange, I saw this too originally. I remember thinking Weir is the only Brighton player involved with the England youth and then he disappeared. I wonder if it was just a mistake from the England Twitter admin or Weir just dropped out.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion U-16 Jaydon Fuller kicks things off today for the Welsh U-17 side as they compete in the qualifying round of the 2022 UEFA U-17 European Championships. Their group is being staged in Portugal and their first game is against Ukraine (they also play Kazakhstan).

Fuller is currently on the bench as Wales lead 2-0 in the 72nd minute. Also on the bench is Wolves' Finlay (Finn) Ashworth, who I believe is Dan's son (and he also has an older son, Zach, at West Bromwich Albion).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

The Swedish FA website shows Nilsson "expired" on November 6. [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] - pulled out through injury, presumably. Do you know anything more?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Andrew Moran played the whole match for the Republic of Ireland U-19s as they beat Montenegro 3-2 in the first of their 3 matches in the qualifying round of the 2022 UEFA U-19 European Championships in Bulgaria.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
From the FAI website:

Jayson Molumby has been ruled out of the Portugal and Luxembourg matches due to injury and will return to his club, West Bromwich Albion.

Shane Duffy starts for Ireland against Portugal tonight.

Rob Sanchez is on the bench for Spain in Greece.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here