Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Novel Idea For Saturday - How About Getting Right Behind the Team From Kick-Off??!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It's all about the individual's demeanour imo. I go to watch a match, not sing, been there done that in my youth, but that does not make me an old fuddy duddy as is intimated on here.

This mentality of "you must sing, make a noise" is dated and, to be honest tedious. I pay good money to watch a game, let whoever wants to sing, abuse Palace, probably have no idea what's going on pitch-wise, because they're too busy watching who's not singing.

I pay good money to watch the game too, but take the atmosphere out of football and half the historic appeal of the game goes too. Also, as Gus, Tanno, Charlie and the players have regularly mentioned, the players ARE affected by the crowd. If we're roaring them on, singing and generally making a noise it's far more likely to lift them and spur them on to score and win the game than if we sit there, arms folded, nodding and reading the programme.

For what it's worth we did our bit in NS F1 last night, but it was hard work at times. If the team don't do the business on Saturday, it won't be for lack of me singing, bellowing and making animal noises at their keeper, I can tell you. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here