Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NOTW prediction BHAFC 6th

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
6th often win the play offs rather than 3rd.

That’s not actually true.

It was shown during this years play offs that the team finishing in 3rd place (4th in the case of League 2 as the top 3 get automatic spots) had won at least as many play off finals than the other 3 qualifying positions added together, this applied to all 3 divisions.

While that meant the teams finishing 3rd only had about a 50% success rate, it is still the most successful position when it comes to winning the playoffs.

This year when Hull, Doncaster and Stockport all won the playoffs from the highest qualifying position as well.

You are historically (and statistically) more likely to go up in the play offs from 3rd place (4th in League 2) than any other finishing place.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
There is no way ALL of Hull, Stoke, and West Brom will go down. There is always an established premier league team who has a shocker. I'm actually backing Stoke to stay up.

I couldn't disagree more.

Almost an an absolute cert these three will be down by Christmas. Not that I actually give a flying feck about the Premier League anyway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They also put MK Dons mid-table and Leicester second.

I think MK Dons will come above Leicester.

What is your reasoning behind this. I think that MK Dons and Peterborough will, if they are lucky just make the playoffs. The one good thing in their favour is their connections Di Mateo with Chelsea for loans and Ferguson with his dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here