Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts County V Brighton And Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Two of my nephews have gone in fancy dress. One is in an adult baby grow and the other is Maggie Thatcher.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not many options now Gus has released Holroyd, Hart and Sandaza, and Murray is injured.

Aren't they still our players until the end of the season, we've just informed them we won't be renewing their contracts. Hart's release was announce before last weekend's game and he still played.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sod's law that when I actually bought a ticket in advance for once my missus would be poorly and no-one to help out. Never mind! At least I get to enjoy the last game of the season on here and on Seagulls Player :)

Hoping the break has done the lads good and we turn up and get a result today to end as winners like true champions should.

Sky were reporting that Wood had gone back to WBA but the Argus say he is playing today. Interesting selections with so many released so surely Toby will get on at some point today?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Aren't they still our players until the end of the season, we've just informed them we won't be renewing their contracts. Hart's release was announce before last weekend's game and he still played.

I think that was just a reward for our longest serving player and a chance for the crowd to wish him well.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Kasim plays
another nationality (Iraq) great for the lad and Gus obviously rates him

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Albion team v Notts County: (4-4-2) Ankergren; Calderon, Greer, Elphick, Painter; Bennett, Bridcutt, Kasim, Sparrow; Barnes, Wood.
Subs: Brezovan, Dunk, Navarro, Dicker, Hart, Noone, Agdestein

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Torbjorn Agdestein on the bench, hopefully will come on for Wood in the second half :albion1:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Palace losing 2-0, seems like they are happy to be shite.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Kasim starting ahead of Dicker

Interesting

........and a reminder for Navs that he is still in with a shout

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
STARTING LINEUP: Ankergren, Calderon, Greer, Elphick, Painter, Bennett, Bridcutt, Kasim, Sparrow, Barnes, Wood

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its sunny here and the cat (Meggan) is refusing to come in ....so either she knows we are going to win or she is a feckless little shit who gives not a fQQk
she is still up for the job next season though

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Please excuse my ignorance, but who the 'kin 'ell is Kasim? Never heard of him! Bad fan :down:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Kasim starting ahead of Dicker

Interesting

........and a reminder for Navs that he is still in with a shout

What do we know about Kasim?

Where across the Midfield does he play?

How long a contract is he on?

I understand we poached him from Tottenham and I saw him play centrally last week in the semi-final against Horsham but is that his usual position

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Please excuse my ignorance, but who the 'kin 'ell is Kasim? Never heard of him! Bad fan :down:

Yaser signed for Albion as a 19-year-old during August 2010. The dynamic midfielder rose through the ranks at Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur and played a key role in the youth team during the 2008/09 season, but struggles to cement himself in the senior set-up. He signed for Albion, following his release from Spurs, as part of the Development Squad initially, but has since been named in the first-team squad against Bristol Rovers in November 2010, albeit as an unused sub.

Brighton and Hove Albion | Team | First Team | Yaser Kasim

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

development squad player who has been pulling up stumps in the reserves? chripes I live in Wales and I'v heard of him and watched him on the player for the senior cup side

and he looks good and obviously Gus thinks so as well

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

bad fan indeed :) - youngster who was at Spurs Academy but not retained at the end of last season. Been in our Development Squad since last autumn and looks okay. Defensive/central midfielder but more attacking (more likely to have a shot) than Dicker who he replaces today

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sounds like kasim versus Navarro for a contract..... delete that although considered more defensive probably no way as defensive as Navs.

Best moment of the season..... Bridcutt... the stuff of champions

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We've got an Iraqi international.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here