Hastings
:wave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
El Presidente said:
Hopefuly they will not be busting a gut against us next saturday then

Unfortunately I think they will as players will be playing for contract renewal upto end of season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who was it Sheff Weds thrashed last year, the week after being relegated? Stoke City also did it to us at the Goldstone many years ago. I will be VERY nervous next Saturday :(

Notts County Lass

Dec 24, 2003
Nottingham
Beach Hut said:
Unfortunately I think they will as players will be playing for contract renewal upto end of season.

And hopefully none of those contracts will be renewed. :nono:

Good luck in the play offs anyway, and do the double over Forest next season. :lolol: ;)

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yeah i'm starting to cake it about next week

we never do well against teams near the bottom :nono:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think Notts County are that poor a side at the moment that we will have enough next week to get the three points we need.

Just to completely contradict myself though, I am quite nervy....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And didn't Wimbledon beat one of the top teams in Div 1 (Wigan?) the week after they were relegated?

I'm not at all relaxed about next week, it won't be easy as some people think.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Once the pressure's off relegated teams often relax and play the best they have all season. I would love to be able to celebrate a play-off place next saturday, but I still have a sneaking suspicion that we will go to Wrexham needing a result the following week.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Think Notts County might not be the pushover people think as they'll be relaxed now, all the pressure's off.

According to the Argus today, Port Vale's next game is against Tranmere, the form team of the division, so I wouldn't bank on us needing the maximum points anyway. And Swindon's last two games are against QPR (away) and Hartlepool (home) so I can't see them getting six points.

So on paper we shouldn't have too many problems making it...but you never know with the Albion....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here