Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hope we don't try to play for a 2-1 win. We can't keep a clean sheet for 90+ minutes with our best defence, I have little confidence in a cobbled together team keeping Forest out for another 45 if we just suit back.

Buonanotte doesn't fill me with confidence, but if we didn't make the sub now we'd only be able to make changes one more time (unless we need a concussion one, and I hope we don't).

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
People need to watch Jack Hinshelwood, his positional play is excellent. he's had some dodgy deflections bounce off him last couple of appearances but he is an England regular by the time he's 25.
De Zerbi picks him because he knows what he's capable of in a variety of positions, not because he has no other choice

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Long term:
March​
Estupinan​
Welbeck​

Medium term
Enciso​
Fati?​
Lamptey?​
Webster?​

close/returning
Milner​
Mitoma​
Moder​
Igor​
That's a ridiculous injury list.
Shows how well we are performing and a decent youth squad

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Billy not having a great game. His touch is poor.
I mean this in the nicest possible way, does he ever have a great game? I’m really not convinced by Gilmour at all, he’s tidy enough at times but I do think he is a weak link for us. For me he’s behind Gross, Baleba and Dahoud in centre midfield when they’re all available and potentially Moder when he’s fully fit too.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hope that wasn’t a hamstring for Fati and just a slight muscle strain - a terrible set back for Fati and very disappointing for us.

I wonder what it says in the contract about who agrees to pay his wages now if he is out for a substantial part of the season?
Normally the club doing the loan assumes responsibility for wages, with a recall/return option built in for January. But this varies. I know that the parent club always has a say in treatment (surgery permission, that sort of thing).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
People need to watch Jack Hinshelwood, his positional play is excellent. he's had some dodgy deflections bounce off him last couple of appearances but he is an England regular by the time he's 25.
De Zerbi picks him because he knows what he's capable of in a variety of positions, not because he has no other choice
Agree with this, I really like Hinshelwood. He was doing really well until that mistake at the end, some great runs and passes. He’s got a big future.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I thought Facu on but if we have another injury we are down to 10 men - perhaps why he has taken the Lama off now?
Why? A sub at half time doesn't count as one of the three. It's probably a factor in why they made the change now, so they still have one more should there be another injury.

Not sure we'll get an appearance from Moder today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here